68 barracuda 340 formula S

-

Terry Markwart

Reaction score
Rebuilding the suspension on the 340 S and wondering what complete kits everyone is using.. looking for a complete bushing, tiered ends, ball joints, etc... don't want to spend thousands on a kit but looking for advice. Thanks

20221030_165141.jpg

20221030_165125.jpg

I don't know of any complete kit. Get it piece by piece. Any planned upgrades? Bushings, torsion bars, ball joints, control arms, struts, shocks or sway bar?

Don't PST have complete kits? They do for B bodies, mine has been 4 years on road, no issues.

Rebuilding the suspension on the 340 S and wondering what complete kits everyone is using.. looking for a complete bushing, tiered ends, ball joints, etc... don't want to spend thousands on a kit but looking for advice. Thanks

View attachment 1716006264

View attachment 1716006265

Go to the search box in the top right corner of this page and type in Suspension upgrades.

You will find a few threads that discuss Stock suspension upgrades .

Pay particular attention to the posts by one of our members, 72bluNblu. Although we have had a difference of opinion on using aftermarket suspension systems, he is bulletproof when it comes to making the best of what Ma Mopar offered . If I was upgrading the stock suspension , I would definitely follow his race/street proven suspension playbook!

For stock stuff try Craig Stanley - West Hempstead NY USA 516-485-1935 . Prepare yourself to be entertained on the phone for awhile. Brain-iack of suspension knowledge & numbers- right off the top of his head. Good luck -Mike

If you are going to do it, spend the extra money and get adjustable strut rods and use delrin or poly LCA bushings. Well worth the money.

Delrin is superior to poly in every way. Noise, longevity and performance. In addition, our pins fit our bushings with precision and no outer shells are necessary. We are the ONLY one stop source for all steering and suspension components in the marketplace.

@PST is a member and a FABO vendor. They give a discount to FABO members. I am sure Bergman Autocraft has good stuff, but I can personally vouch for the prices, service before and after the sale and quality of their parts.

For stock stuff try Craig Stanley - West Hempstead NY USA 516-485-1935 . Prepare yourself to be entertained on the phone for awhile. Brain-iack of suspension knowledge & numbers- right off the top of his head. Good luck -Mike
I called Craig who is in a short term care facility... he is quite a character indeed.. seems like a solid guy but has no idea when he will be getting out... he knows his stuff but I have reservations with his current status.. he says he will call me with a quote, I hope he gets out of his current predicaments. Thanks for the lead.

I ordered from Rockauto. Most was just run of the mill Moog stuff. Then I installed new springs in back and Helwig sway bars front and rear . WOW does it hold the road now !

I ordered from Rockauto. Most was just run of the mill Moog stuff. Then I installed new springs in back and Helwig sway bars front and rear . WOW does it hold the road now !
Yeah I have all stock replacement stuff on my front suspension and new ESPO replacement rear leaf springs. My car drives very nice and fairly competent on twisty back roads. The original suspensions are pretty good on these cars.

If you have any questions in the products that we offer please PM. PST is here to help. We have been keeping Mopar Muscle on the road for over 35 years.

James From
PST

-
Back