'68 Barracuda Conv. slant 6-->383

-
Hello Pitmoco Welcome to this great site!
I have a 67 vert and was and is alot of work but fun.
Looks solid from the pictures. Have fun with your boys.
Darryl

I'll start with, Welcome to FABO.
I expect this was only the first of your many many posts here.
At times you might get more advise and suggestions than you really wanted or needed.
At times it may seem as though we're only posting to argue with each other.
Keep in mind that we are all looking forward to the day your fish swims again in fine form and fashion even when it doesn't read that way. :)

Welcome aboard! 69 vert owner here(loooong project). Looks like yours is a 67?? I can tell by steering wheel and front grille. Either way nice car and have fun with your boys!!

Welcome aboard! 69 vert owner here(loooong project). Looks like yours is a 67?? I can tell by steering wheel and front grille. Either way nice car and have fun with your boys!!

Yeah but the lower dash pads and hood inserts say 68. Only the vin knows for sure

Was originally a sunrise yellow w/ black interior, top, boot. Not sure if i want to back to yellow or something else. My oldest son thinks it needs to be dark forest green.

Will probably keep it a slant 6. Maybe a bigger cam and offenhauser intake with 4barrel and headers.

All ideas at this point.

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to more as I tear into it.

I think it has a '68 tail light config
View attachment phone pics 908.jpg

Was originally a sunrise yellow w/ black interior, top, boot. Not sure if i want to back to yellow or something else. My oldest son thinks it needs to be dark forest green.

Will probably keep it a slant 6. Maybe a bigger cam and offenhauser intake with 4barrel and headers.

All ideas at this point.

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to more as I tear into it.

I think it has a '68 tail light config
View attachment 1714571983

Dark forest green would be nice.
There is a slant six forum here on fabo,lots of info there.
Reverse lights in the tail lights (1968)Mirror placed back on doors (1968)
Reverse lights below bumper (67 and 69) Mirror placed forward by vent
window (67), and I believe the 69 is back farther then 68.
Check out Ma Snart thread on "show us your 2nd gen barracuda's"
There is like a 1000 pictures in there. You and your sons can get an Idea
on colors ,wheel combos and so on.
Darryl

Welcome to fabo , great site to be a part of. I have a 68 vert also that I am working on. Yours looks like a 68 to me, it has a 68 dash , 68 tails lights and trunk trim , 68 louvers on the hood , I would like a closer look at the grills and it definetly has a round 68 marker light on the quater panal. The passenger fender is off a 67 car or it is a factory replacement, as it has no marker light. Cheers and good building.

I'll start with, Welcome to FABO.
I expect this was only the first of your many many posts here.
At times you might get more advise and suggestions than you really wanted or needed.
At times it may seem as though we're only posting to argue with each other.
Keep in mind that we are all looking forward to the day your fish swims again in fine form and fashion even when it doesn't read that way. :)

Couldn't have said it any better than Redfish!

It's the proverbial 'journey of a thousand miles' and you've already taken the first step! Having owned one for a year and enjoyed the hell out of it, my plan of attack has been to do the projects one at a time so I can continue to drive it on a continual basis. This keeps my enthusiasm level high and it's never just another thing to cross off the to-do-list. Not sure if that will apply in your case.

I've decided to keep the original /6 and found there are many options for squeezing more power out of it. Slant6 Dan is an encyclopedia of knowledge as are many others. The beautiful thing about this forum is that everyone will chime in with information to help out a fellow Mopar enthusiast.

Enjoy!

Picked it up today, stopped at a carwash on the way and hosed off the green stuff growing on it...

Looks like its been painted a few times, yellow is not origional. There be red under there.

A guy I work with offered me a 413 cheap to put in it. Could build a max wedge for it.

Keeping them juices flowing.

After cleaning it off and giving it a better look over, it looks like it had been hit before. Explains the different fenders (67) and maybe grill also. The passenger wheel is way out of allignment, hoping its LCA and not a bad frame rail.
This may be the end of the 1 of 553 /6 vert idea... but leaves the door open for a BB beast.
Sitting under a tarp atm until I make room in the garage.

Steve, Look close,put your glasses on! Rear marker light,hood inserts! It's a 68!lol..Nice project for sure. Looks like the P.O. had some moonshine in the back!

That deffinetly has ideas running through my head. Thanks. That Yellow looks good, wasnt sure about it. I will have to reconsider going back to it.

I picked up a recovered black standard front bench seat and have a line on a '68 383/727 to go in.... need to find '68 grilles, possibly trade for my '67's.

Check the upper A Arm mount. The driver side A Arm mount was broken on my convertible. It must have been hit in drivers wheel some time and broke it someone welded it back together rather poorly. Hope your is not broke there I am waiting to get the frame rail replaced.

68 Polara is home and ready to be stripped. 383 runs strong, 727 doesnt shift.

Not sure what was done to the motor before. Can't wait to pull it and tear it down. Pulling the 8 3/4 rear and sending to Moser.

Looking for bbp disks setup for up front.

Spring can't come fast enough.

pics of polara 383

Attachments

• phone pics 050.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 564
  • phone pics 036.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 571
  • phone pics 034.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 561
  • phone pics 031.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 557
Verts didn't have a bench seat option? Is it a bad idea to put one in?

I had purchased one from a guy that was recovered and looks good.
Would it be unsafe or just a non option for convertibles?

Attachments

• 68_Barracuda0020.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 510
Hmm I learned something...now that I think of it, all the ones I have seen have been bucket seat cars...

-
Back