68 Barracuda dash pad color

-

340SNOTCH

Reaction score
I am going to look at a Barracuda that has a burgundy interior with the interior decor group package. Does anyone know if a 68 barracuda that has a burgundy interior would come with a burgundy dash pad or is it possible it was built with a black dash pad from the factory? This car has a burgundy interior with just the actual dash pad being black. The carpet in the car is also black. All my prior cars had black interiors, so I am not sure on this...thanks

Attachments

• 5E25Hc5M33me3Hf3l5c95e10c1f744941158e.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 686
I think the black on the dash is wrong. The wood grain is also wrong for a 68.

It looks like all the numbers on the speedo are arranged vertically. It's hard to see, but if they are that is also wrong, meaning the speedo has been changed.

The pad and carpet should be burgundy.

I agree.

There are some good pictures on FABO somewhere of a burgandy interior being restored. I think Rob Robinson? Search: 68 burgandy interior

In the first pic, the door panel has a burl 'wood' insert but around the cluster it's regular wood grain.

In the first pic, the door panel has a burl 'wood' insert but around the cluster it's regular wood grain.

Yes, the burlwood is correct for 1968 and that is what the door panels are as goldfish65 posted. The trouble is there isn't an aftermarket burlwood overlay available for the instrument bezel that I am aware of.

-
Back