68 Barracuda FB Build

-
Alright well i was able to gut the inside of the bcuda out and treat it with some rustoleum products. This pic is the first part in a 2 part process. doesnt look too bad huh?

Attachments

• interior primered.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 513
heres the second part in the rustoleum process. I really like the black. I sold my old bench seat today and the guy just couldnt stop lookin at my bcuda. its nice to finally start hearing the "lookin nice" comments haha.

Attachments

• paint interior.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 511
heres the second part in the rustoleum process. I really like the black. I sold my old bench seat today and the guy just couldnt stop lookin at my bcuda. its nice to finally start hearing the "lookin nice" comments haha.

RUSTOLEUM IS A WONDERFUL THING ISN'T IT. FROM WHERE YOU STARTED TO WHERE YOU ARE NOW, IT DOES LOOK GREAT. JUST SOLD A CUDA SHELL. MY FAVORITE CAR. :glasses7:

Your FB is looking sweet, Jim. Great progress.
Subscribed the thread.

Well, I'm made some pretty good progress within the last couple of months. I completely refurbished my dash, installed my windshield as well as my rear window. I bought brand new tires and had those installed and balanced. I bought two bride style racing seats. I'm currently fabbing up the mounts for those. I'm also looking for headlight bezels and the three interior panels that go around the inside of the rear window. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 459
This is amazing work, I can build an engine for fun but bodywork isn't really my thing lol... What are your plans for getting thrust?

Car looks great. And a 360 with eddie heads will make great power and be very durable.

Well I've slowly started putting the parts back on. Here's a picture of the carpet install. I'm powder coating the rims and referbishing the grill as I wait for more funds. Thanks to Craigslist, I started with a cheap motorcycle helmet and traded my way up to a brand new mini starter, aluminum waterpump, headman tight tube headers, new taillights, and some hooker long tube headers which I'm trying to get rid of. Oh and I just bought brand new forged pistons for less than half of retail value thanks to CL :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 362
After lost of saving and time out to sea... It's engine time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 311
Sorry I'm using my phone so I can't rotate them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 309
Looking good got love them Cudas. You doing a great job.

Most of the short block is put together. I hope these probe aluminum pistons performed as good as they look! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 268
Yeah I've heard really good things about Probe Industries from the chebby and ferb people so I decided to give them a shot. While balancing, my machinist was amazed at how much he had to take off the crank because of the lightweight pistons and rods (Scat I beams)

Your car is coming along nicely. Nice to know there is another Barracuda in Solano.
Luke

The 360 is just about built (waiting on parts in the mail) and the 727 is being built by by a member on this great forum (thanks again bad440). I can not WAIT to finally drive this bad boy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 212
Every time I visit this site I get distracted so I forget to post pictures of the progress. Well here are a couple.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 173
Sorry about the pictures. For some reason my phone uploads them on their side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 169
-
Back