-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drix85

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
URGENTLY Looking for '68 Barracuda grill surround (L & R) and headlight bezels (L & R) needs to be as straight as possible and complete.
As well as the trunk trim (fastback)

I'm from South Africa but it will be shipped to Florida if we can strike a deal!

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the replies guys!

What I'm looking for:
(I have the inner surrounds and fins...need the outer surrounds and trunk trim)

Attachments

• 1968-Grill.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 206
  • bezels.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 189
  • complete grill.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 192
  • trunk trim 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 184
Drix; I heard that PartsMonsta did your Grilles for you. Was everything good?

I sent mine out last month and got them back in 2 weeks, couldnt believe the turnaround time.

I am sending him my 68 hood moldings for OEM repaint and also my rear trim panel pieces. He has just started doing the rear molding pieces. Cant wait to see them. Hard parts to resto, from what I hear.

I need brackets for the rear trim panel pieces, would u happen to have any. PartsMonsta had 4 pieces (he redid the studs) that he gave me, but I need the rest, especially the end pieces.

I was getting ready to send everything out to this PowderCoating Chick, but he informed me that the trim would be powdercoated a fake Chrome paint, which turned me off. I wonder if these Guys know what they're getting themselves into. Once that stuf is powdercoated, you can forget getting it polished.

Thanks.

Drix; I heard that PartsMonsta did your Grilles for you. Was everything good?

I sent mine out last month and got them back in 2 weeks, couldnt believe the turnaround time.

I am sending him my 68 hood moldings for OEM repaint and also my rear trim panel pieces. He has just started doing the rear molding pieces. Cant wait to see them. Hard parts to resto, from what I hear.

I need brackets for the rear trim panel pieces, would u happen to have any. PartsMonsta had 4 pieces (he redid the studs) that he gave me, but I need the rest, especially the end pieces.

I was getting ready to send everything out to this PowderCoating Chick, but he informed me that the trim would be powdercoated a fake Chrome paint, which turned me off. I wonder if these Guys know what they're getting themselves into. Once that stuf is powdercoated, you can forget getting it polished.

Thanks.

And Leanna, Phoenix Specialty Coatings, was mentioned in this thread where?

Yes, you are right. The chrome colored powdercoating (fake Chrome paint) does not look like polished aluminum now bright dipped (anodized) polished aluminum trim.

Leanna has been totally upfront in saying that it looks different. And shows examples. It's an alternative choice for the customer.

Is this OtownMissile or PartsMonsta or one in the same person??: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970914704&postcount=12

... I was getting ready to send everything out to this PowderCoating Chick, but he informed me that the trim would be powdercoated a fake Chrome paint, which turned me off. I wonder if these Guys know what they're getting themselves into. Once that stuf is powdercoated, you can forget getting it polished.

Thanks.

To my knowledge, I have never talked with you about properly RESTORING your trim nor powder coating it, and do not believe I'm acquainted with PartsMonsta either.

In the meantime, I will ask you to immediately refrain from making unfounded and erroneous allegations about my work and my shop that you cannot back up because you are treading on dangerous territory. The only thing I will confirm is that once trim has been powder coated, you are indeed stuck with it. That's why it's usually a last resort or is done due to customers' budget constraints.

I do not paint anything; I am a custom powder coater who ALSO can properly restore stainless and aluminum trim pieces on a very select basis. (In other words, I don't take everything that walks in the door.) I offer my customers a choice of having their parts coated OR polished, OR a combination of both as the parts and their budget require and allow.

These are a few examples of my restoration and powder work done for FABO members who I invite to stop in and share their opinion on the quality, customer service and pricing.

View attachment 007 - Copy.jpg

Here I am applying some fake chrome paint ... NOT. This is me using the 1 3/4 hp buffer on the trim parts shown above.

View attachment 004 - Copy.jpg

This is a Barracuda grille that has a combination of restoration (headlight surrounds and grille surrounds were repaired and polished) and powder coating.

View attachment 020 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 022 - Copy.jpg

The excessive damage on these '69 Dart grilles and bezels were repaired and then powder coated in Super Chrome powder with a clear. That customer, our member Zigs, desired a brushed aluminum finish.

View attachment 003 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 002 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 016 - Copy.jpg

I do not take kindly to your unfounded allegations, especially on my own "home turf" of a message board that I enjoyed as a restorer and enthusiast for several years BEFORE I opened my shop. I have a very solid reputation here and in my industry; statements like yours serve no useful purpose other than to cloud reality and make you look like an *** who's trying to drive work to your buddy (who may, in fact, really just be you with another user name).

I joyfully welcome qualified trim restorers to the hobby because we sadly need them, but your methods leave a bit to be desired Otownmissile. Let your work speak for itself instead -- it really doesn't look too bad from what I have seen. Please do not force me to bring this to the site owner's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back