68 Barracuda Rocker pinch weld pics

-

CudaLou

67 Barracuda
Reaction score
Im restoring a 68 Barracuda. A friend of mine asked if the pinch weld along the bottom and underneath the rockers are blacked out from the factory. I believe on the later models (70's) they are but not on the earlier models (67-69.) Does any one now for sure? Does anyone have a original paint car and have proof? Any pics would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lou

Im restoring a 68 Barracuda. A friend of mine asked if the pinch weld along the bottom and underneath the rockers are blacked out from the factory. I believe on the later models (70's) they are but not on the earlier models (67-69.) Does any one now for sure? Does anyone have a original paint car and have proof? Any pics would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Lou
No that is all body color

Lou

Does the car in question have 68 rocker spear molding? That has painted silver under the spear.

I’ll look at my car with rocker molding tonight. IIRC, it has black on the pinch weld.

Do you still have that red/red 340 4 speed fastback Barracuda? Careful investigation on that car should determine for non rocker panel cars.

Thanks for the info.
The car I’m doing is the car you described. It is a NON Gilles and Spears car. Just stripped. The car had no black out before it was blasted and painted. But it already had another paint job over the original and I didn’t even think to look deeply before it was blasted.

Thanks for the info.
The car I’m doing is the car you described. It is a NON Gilles and Spears car. Just stripped. The car had no black out before it was blasted and painted. But it already had another paint job over the original and I didn’t even think to look deeply before it was blasted.

I might still have high res pictures of that car when my friend had it. I’ll look.

-
Back