68 Cuda Dash Pad from PG Classics

-

DonnieLawson

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Got my upper dash pad for my 68 Cuda back in June .
I opened the box and all looked great then. My dash was still in the car at the time so I couldn't check the fit.
Well , I tried to put it on today and its 1/2" short on the down legs on the edges by the doors .
It measures the same along the top. It also has a 3/4" high screw attachment point on each side that pushes the pad away from the dash panel .
Any one else have this pad and these issues ?
Im calling them tomorrow and see whats up.... Dam Chinese crap............
Donnie

Attachments

• dash pad resized0003.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 703
  • dash pad resized0005.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 670
  • dash pad resized0008.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 693
  • dash pad resized0009.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 687
  • dash pad resized0010.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 697
Well at least you found the problem now.A friend of mine put his on a week later it looked like a 90 year woman with leprosy.Sorry buddy

Damn! It's time for a North American company to step up and do things right. The sight of that just pi$$e$ me off. Sorry man. Give em $hit and get you $ back.

Wow, sorry to see that, havent heard of any issues before on the dash pads from them. Hope they step up and make it straight for ya. I dont know if any of our "vendors" on here sell them???

I got one of the first runs of this pad. They didn't have that metal step on the sides, but he supplied spacers for them if needed. I didn't use the spacers and it fit as well as the original pad did (maybe slightly off, but no one will be able to tell). I'll try to get you a picture or two of them dyed... Here is what I have before sending it to the body shop.
repodashpad1.jpg

repodashpad3.jpg

repodashpad4.jpg

Don't expect PG Classics to step up to the plate and make anything right. They certainly won't give your money back, maybe a credit for some more of their junk parts at best. Ask my brother blu340dart how Peter Gee treats his customers, or slantsixdan or anybody else who bought their junk for that matter!!! Good luck dealing with them!!! Geof

They didn't even get the grain in the vynil right. They should put stickers on there parts that say MADE WONG IN CHINA rofl

Mike at BEA sells the same part and they appear to fit better - they are made by the same people.

I would buy from Mike (it costs a bit more) because they are licensed reproductions; but he knows mopars & is in the states

They didn't even get the grain in the vynil right. They should put stickers on there parts that say MADE WONG IN CHINA rofl

Yeah, mine actually came from B,E & A. Much better communication. You may be able to get some sort of explaination to the differences from the run like mine and the newer run. I know they were tweaking it some for a better fit.

You are correct, the grain is wrong. If you want the correct grain, you can go to JustDashes, wait at least 3-4 months, pay twice the money, and maybe it will be shaped similar to your old one. For a driver like mine, once you get it dyed, it isn't quite as noticable. Only owners like us will notice the difference.

Donnie, your old pad and my old original dash pad look different on the sides. Mine are shorter like the reproduction pad. Are you sure your car didn't have a '69 pad swapped in it at some point? Did it fit nicely on the sides before you removed it? Have you trial fit the new pad? It wasn't until I started pulling in all the pads with the hardware until it started meeting up correctly. Just curious.

My factory dash fit perfect , it is a 62, 000 mile 2 owner car . It still has the top and lower factory dash pads .
The new dash pad wont even allow the glove box to open.
I didn't bolt it down yet , I will try to see if that will flatten the pad and spread the ends........ I'll cross my fingers.
Donnie

Well, if it doesn't work for you, I hope they make it right. Please let us know what happens...

I have heard the dash pads that have been available for other A-bodies, fit great. (from BEA Parts)

Has anyone had any issues with the PG Classics dash bezels in regards to fit and appearance? I was thinking about getting one for my 71 Demon 340.

Has anyone had any issues with the PG Classics dash bezels in regards to fit and appearance? I was thinking about getting one for my 71 Demon 340.

I think BEA Parts sells everything that PG Classics does...You would be better off getting your parts from there....

Well.......... I got the dash all apart , stripped and painted . I put the PD Classic dash pad on , it did draw down for the most part and fits much better.
But............. Its still pushed out to far where the attachment points are at on the lower corners. And I need to pull the passenger side outward toward the door about 1/4 " , its rubbing the glove box door. Thats a easy fix.

Anybody trim down those pads that the screws attach to ? They gotta go !!

Thanks
Donnie

Attachments

• Cuda Dash Restore resized0001.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 488
  • Dash Restore Resized0007.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 487
  • Dash Restore Resized0005.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Dash Restore Resized0002.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 486
  • Dash Restore Resized0001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 483
  • Cuda Dash Restore Resized0069.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 483
A couple of my IVR and gauge customers have commented on their new chinese instrument bezel. "Trim a little off the plastic in one area and a little off the pot metal housing in another area and it the 2 parts will fit together". Typical

I contacted P.G.Classics.
They told me to send it back and they would replace it with a good one .
I dont know why the dash pad would have had the raised mounting point.

I contacted P.G.Classics.
They told me to send it back and they would replace it with a good one .
I dont know why the dash pad would have had the raised mounting point.

Let's speculate.. If there is a hole in the substructure foam would exit that hole during molding a possibly leave a low spot in the outer shape or make a mess in their mold at minimum.
If the hole is drilled in a second operation, placement would have to be fixtured and damaging the nearly finished product would be possible.
I think the factory pushed drill point screw or similar in those locations before the dash went into the car. That would be nearly impossible to do from under the dash in the car. I'm think I recall a raise location , although cone shaped, in the original substructure. Mating indention in the dash ? Anyway...
Somewhere along the line of developing a reproduction precess, someone submits the revision and someone else signs off on it.

PG Classics sent me a replacement dash pad.
It doesn't have the two elevated mounting points and fits like a glove .
The grain isn't the same as Ma Mopar but it looks killer compared to my old one
No complaints on the new one
I will post pics if it ever warms up here in Ohio
Donnie

Glad that worked out for you. I got mine dyed and installed back in my car. Even with the grain difference it looks much better then the faded and cracked original. I hope the dye holds up. We will see...
wheelinstall.jpg

dashinstalled2.jpg

-
Back