68 cuda

-

jackrunner

Reaction score
68 cuda originally a 6 now a 340, new paint interior clean, no rust, manual trans, 4 wheel disc brakes, is it worth 8500 ??? what do you guys think?

All depends on the quality of products and materials used, as well as what was re-done.

here r some pics

34g6fig.jpg

2v2gv84.jpg

iombeu.jpg

If the bild quality is good, I would say it's worth it. Looks to have an E body trany in it.

Shifter is mounted farther back, E-body, A-body location would be about 5 inchehs further forward.

Looks good but, check it good for bondo, Hard to hide on a black car, See if he'll knock some off because of them ulgy rims, I'd change them first thing

I've seen this on CL in CA. for awhile...I wonder why this hasn't sold yet.

I've seen this on CL in CA. for awhile...I wonder why this hasn't sold yet.

It reaks of a car built to sell/flip. A used car lot special.

I see lot of corners cut and parts flat out missing.

The grille surround almost always are smashed, rock pitted, or dented up. This guys solution; paint over the dents/pits. I wouldn't be surprised if they used filler over the dent/pits to make it look smooth. And the dash is spray bombed. The door panel are just sheet plastic.

BUT it has a shiny black paint job. Modern looking rims. Eye catching by ugly. New upholstery shop redone seat out of a later model mopar.

that 85 can be buying you 20. i`d go over it with a magnet in a towel first. this thing might have more plastic than joan rivers. a bondo bucket.
up to you, if you want the car right, you can go deep in a hurry. seen this happen to people in my club. good luck pal.

thanx for the input guys. i test drove it (well i rode along, guy didint let me drive it), the steering wheel had a lot of play, it sounded good, i didint have a magnet on me. he said he'll trade me for my 71 demon witch has rust issues(trunk floors), a couple dings, 318, needs seats redone, also some wiring, has 40k orig miles, all wheel drums, electrical problem (i think it needs a new alt. and the wiring), + $3500 cash. What do you guys think ???

I wouldnt buy a cuda from a guy that put a cowl hood on it to begin with, LOL... half kidding. Dunno, just be careful.

any input?

The lack of response is probably because it's not possible to tell without seeing the cars. I dont know if your Demon is worth $5K, so + $3500 to buy the Barracuda would be a good deal. That is if the Barracuda is worth $8500.

The car looks good in the pics.....

Do I see a S badge on the fender???? did you ge the vin off that car?

Looks like a start but not an 8500 start . I would loose the hood,wheels, steering wheel day one, but thats just me. Seriously, Figure out how much to make it into the car you want and subtract some from the asking price. Iv'e been burnt before because if you like a car you can get blinded. Just be careful.

y would the steering wheel have so much play? he said it needs an alignment.

Steering components might have some play in them, check the idler arm/pittman arm and tie rod ends for wear, and all the other front end components for that matter.

Not a concourse resto, but not too bad either.
Even if it has bondo in it, the paint looks pretty nice and could cost the asking price alone if you were to have it stripped, prepped, painted, cleared, wet sanded and buffed, anyone agree?

I say not bad an asking price especially if it runs strong, all the mechanicals are good, everything works, and the engine is built right.

I actually kinda like the wheels.....forgive me for being so positive as I have had a really negative day today.

Just my $.02.

I've seen this car for sale for a long while too.

Your car plus 3500$ ?

Sorry I'm suspicious. Go back and look again if you're close by. You might find more issues besides worn front end components.

-
Back