68 dart 440

-
i was asked to show a few more motor shots, so here they are
dodgedart113.jpg

dodgedart114.jpg

dart006-3.jpg

How much did the tubular a frames set you back? I've run across a lot of Dart stuff getting mine ready if you need anything let me know. thanks, Brooks

Your ram setup is unbelievably awesome where is the sweet spot like idle to 6K?? I heard one of these years ago and it sounds great when you kick it!!

i got the upper a's from magnum force racing, i bought them over 3 years ago so i honestly couldnt tell you what i paid. there on their site now for 300. the car goes up to about 5500rpm where it tops out, but like you said when you going 15 or so and put it to the floor it opens right up and sounds awsome

Hey Joe, I've been digging this build for quite some time now - awesome!

Got any video w/sound you can share? Drool . . .

did a couple things, got the car running much cooler. barely breaks 190 sitting in 10 minutes of traffic today im so happy with it. bought a new camera this week and just started playing with, all i really know is zoom and the take picture button haha. i need to get someone with me so i can get some burnout shots/video! still have a few things i gotta do before november when im taking it to florida for the month. ill be at the turkey run, don garlits show and some others.
DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Absolutely love this car, Love the rims and love the clean engine bay. and love the color Do you have any photos of how you hid the wiring. And what harness you did use.

the wiring kit was from american autowire. Cheaper and just as good as the painless kit in my opinion. all of the wires for the front of the car were ran under the fender and covered in black conduit (spelling?). the motor only needed a few wires that went under the intakes.
dodgedart057.jpg

dodgedart022.jpg

its a little messy in this picture but it cleaned up nice under the dash. i painted it all white to it was a lot easier to work under with a flash light, brightens right up
100_07011.jpg

I have not looked a this thread in awhile. Looking good. Some nice work you did on her. Good to see you finaly get to have some fun with her after all your hard work.

So i finally got a little burnout video for you guys. I need to get some junk tires to really get on it, these ones are to dam expensive haha

been a while since ive done an update, not much as changed on the car because i moved to california for work a few months back, and had to leave all the toys behind. found some old pictures today when the car was in its early stages. Hopefully in time when i get my own place i can bring it out here to enjoy, sure miss her! And i must say, out of all the different car forums Im on this has to be one of my favorites if not my favorite, always nice people, great help, never a problem with selling/buying parts off here. Im going to need another a-body to jump back in!
DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

this was a fun project i built over the last year and a half, it was stress free and not worrying about every little thing felt great after the dart. home made frame, diamond-t cab, cummins 1st gen, f350 rear with dually adapters, sure turns more heads than the dart haha
6ed4c219.jpg

ce16faa9-1.jpg

fee81abf.jpg

and this is the next project i bought just before i moved, been my dream car forever so sometime in the future it'll be her turn
e515f2d1.jpg

Good to see you back on the board. Really dig the "No Stress" build, obviously I have a soft spot for any Cummins (note signature) especially if it's in something lighter than a 7000# pick-up.

Just Spent a long time reading this entire thread...awesome build. Not sure how I haven't come across it sooner! Really makes me wish my funds weren't so limited. Great looking dart though! My dash is all cut up from the previous owner.. Your custom one definitely gave me some ideas though..

Attachments

• IMG_2012.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 366
  • photo (8).jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 364
-
Back