68 dart 440

-
Thanks for taking the time to share. I am looking for specifics on the gauge setup...the Spedo, tach, and other gauges to be specific. Did you 'glass it in, or make a custom plate

TIA for your info!

j

we cut out the entire middle of the dash and put in all new sheets of metal. After that we just put bondo in the corners with our fingers to get that circlular corners. The gages you can put in really where ever you want, did you want the measurements for where i put the gages? Heres some pics.
11.jpg

10.jpg

This gives me a good idea of what I can do with my Duster. I bought a dash frame from a Dart on Ebay, so all I will have to do is move my VIN over to the new dash frame. Any ideas on how I can do that and NOT get into legal issues?

j

if your vin is on the little metal tag i would just drill out where they rivited it and re revit in your new one

well the first attempt at the center council was a failure but got it right this time, just layed some fiber glass cloth down and put the hardner on it and let it sat over night, then stapled them to the sides of the council, not we got to cut the extra off add some layers, sand and paint
100_06011.jpg

100_06031.jpg

100_06021.jpg

100_06071.jpg

well the first attempt at the center council was a failure but got it right this time, just layed some fiber glass cloth down and put the hardner on it and let it sat over night, then stapled them to the sides of the council, not we got to cut the extra off add some layers, sand and paint

I like a fellow that doesn't give up! LOL

did some more work on the console last night, its coming out good. And after 2 years of primor finally started painting, did all the jams and engine bay, the rest is getting painted tomorrow. Im very happy with how its coming out.
dart001.jpg

dart002.jpg

dart003.jpg

dart005.jpg

dart006.jpg

dart008.jpg

dart012.jpg

dart011.jpg

dart009.jpg

got the car home, hood is still drying its more of a flat black it just looks shiney cause i took right after it was painted, she is now home and safe
dart005-2.jpg

dart008-2.jpg

dart009-2.jpg

dart010-2.jpg

dart012-1.jpg

dart014.jpg

door panel design i made for it
the black is the leather looking stuff, and the grayer stuff will be black suede which is also going on the head liner and the seat inserts
Clipboard01-1.jpg

put the front end on just to get the look, we have to paint black behind the grill, cause it just doesnt look good like this

dodgedart001.jpg

dodgedart003.jpg

dodgedart004.jpg

put the front end on just to get the look, we have to paint black behind the grill, cause it just doesnt look good like this

Yes it will definitely look better black. I see numerous cars left like that and it just takes away from what the grill really should look like.

looks killer Joe, can't wait to watch it come together. The door card design really works, shame you're not doing the tan any more I think it would have done even more to seperate the car from the rest of the pack.
Not that I think this one will need much help to stand out

ya i woulda loved the tan to, but $400 of material is a lot better than $1000 for me right now.
Anyways, my friend let me borrow his tires and rims just to see if they'd fit, it was a long shot but they actually fit dam good, its a 10" tire which i didnt even think was going to fit but they do, The offset is almost perfect, its gonna need to go out about a 1/4" more when i get the rimss just so it clears the leaf springs a little more.

dodgedart007.jpg

dodgedart006.jpg

dodgedart005.jpg

dodgedart008.jpg

dodgedart009.jpg

The paint is from sherwin williams, its out of their "hot rod" colors booklet, i dont believe it had a name just a number but we call it snake skin green:-D

-
Back