68 dart 440

-
painted some rustolium in the car and put the dash in

dodgedart013.jpg

dodgedart014.jpg

dodgedart015.jpg

wow that truly looks awesome.....u have given me some ideas

thanks all,
dash is all done and wired, made the wiring pannel, tail lights wired, headlights wired, tan the battery cable froms the trunk, painted the front black that shows through from the grill and started cleaning under the front end.Under the dash is white because when working on it, it lightens it up a lot better than doing it all black.
100_07051.jpg

100_07061.jpg

100_07071.jpg

100_07041.jpg

100_07011.jpg

In-F^%$in-sane! Love this build! You are nailing it man! Love the hint of 70s with the cross ram and the chromed rear dif., with a modern twist on the interior too! Man just plain Bad A$$!

Cant believe I have missed this one until now, incredible job Joe. Very nice workmanship, and attention to detail. I really like the white trick under the dash. I am not far behind you as far as completion, I am taking mine to get the vinyl top and head liner in next week. I know how much time you must have put into this, and all I can say congrats, it sure is coming together well. Keep us posted!!

How could I miss this thread??? This car is absolutely unreal!!! Hats off to you. The ideas and level of detail is just fantastic. Love how you are hiding the wiring inside the fender going to the lights. VERY CLEAN.

little update,
finished pretty much all the wiring, bled the breaks, got the steering colum in and the wheel on, not sure if im stickin with the wheel i just had to buy one quick to get it all set up.started working on the speakers too and made the tempelate for them
dodgedart022.jpg

dodgedart021.jpg

dodgedart020.jpg

I think the wheel is pretty nice, it complements and is close to matching the dash and gages. You may consider adding some of the green like on the dash to the wheel, maybe the 8 screws just outside the horn ring and a bit brighter white on the lettering of the horn button - it'll be almost a dead ringer for the gages . . . ? ? ?

ya i was thinking of getting some green on it somewhere also, i think im going to get the mopar logo horn cover for the center...not sure yet

Joe, your car looks awesome!!! I gotta say thats the BEST custom dash I have ever seen! And that color.....AWESOME!!!

Keep up the good work,
Jason

ya i was thinking of getting some green on it somewhere also, i think im going to get the mopar logo horn cover for the center...not sure yet

That (above) would be much nicer and more "MoPar" appropriate than increasing the white of the manufacturer lettering - why pay for something and then advertise for it - for free . . .

Great looking car - love the color and workmanship too - keep up the great work and making us drool (at least me anyway) with continued progress update pictures.

No car like a MoPar!

Joe - I forget what you were doing with the door panels? Are they two tone like the seats or solid black? Either way, "Man that interior is going to be AWSOME" and with the body color - Absolutely WICKED SICK:cheers:

Was wondering if this was the thread I saw those awesome door panels on. I guess I should have bounced back a few pages. Going to be SCHA-WEET!!

took the motor apart and started sanding the intakes again at work today. these things are going to have some serious man hours by the time they're done and doesnt help that im anal about having them perfectly sanded ha. pics tomorrow hopefully

-
Back