68 Dart 4dr

-

1974Charger

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 1968 Dart 4dr. i don't see many around where i live or at many car shows/cruise nights.
These 4dr cars i guess are pretty much the same dimension as the 2drs but no one seems to be fixing them up. ANy major differences between the 2 and 4dr cars (other then the post and doors)?

I'm starting to see more and more people convert the four door cars into two door cars. If you can weld and have some fabricating skills, it looks like its not too difficult to do.

Not really other major differences between the 2 and 4 doors. 4s are plentiful around here for a significant discount over 2 doors. From a '68 4door owner, I say do it!!

The front and rear glass is about 3/4 inch taller on the 4-doors. PVWs will interchange because the door frame and gaskets are different.

If you look at Valiants for drive train parts, the drive shafts are shorter.

The 4-doors make great daily drivers with a lot of TLC and a mild powertrain. As for fixing them up, try running a search for "Show us your 4 door hot rods".

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=268972&highlight=door

The 2 door conversion is very do able but would be a 2 door post in the end, I have a 68 4 door dart and honestly just leaving it 4 door is great because they are always parted out and scrapped...mine gets alot of attention just for that reason

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for the input guys!
That link to all the 4dr cars was great! I hope to share some picture of my newest old Mopar on here and finally own an A body.

Did they make different grills for the 68 cars? i see some blacked out then some all chrome and some parts blacked out. I havent had much time to research this stuff yet.

thanks!

Did they make different grills for the 68 cars?
Actually the same grille, just looks different. Some 68s had a vertical split piece in the center of the grille. IIRC, there is no rhyme or reason as to which car got the "splitter" and which ones didn't

i see some blacked out then some all chrome and some parts blacked out. I havent had much time to research this stuff yet. thanks!

A lot of that is someone being artistic with a spray gun or a rattle can. It's a cheap and easy way to customize the ride.

Attachments

• 68 Dart grille.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 68-dodge-dart-front-2-s.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 106
-
Back