68 dart centerlink

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find me two different part numbers (from the same year after 1966)......... They are the same.

Jim Lusk is correct. They are all the same regardless of engine. The early A-body cars were different - V8 and /6.

Ken

Jim Lusk and Ken are correct, no difference in centerlink with 67-72 and 73-76 cars regardless of v8 or /6. Nothing special about any of them, bb, sb, /6.

There are two different types of centerlinks out there.
Type #1: the pitman arm, idler arm and tie rod tapers all enter the link from the top.
Type #2: the pitman arm & idler arm enter the link from the top and the tie rods enter from the sides approx 90 degrees different.
I do not know the part numbers or whether there was a production change at some point but they are different.
I need type #1

Thanks

Davescuda I sent you a PM

Type 1: 1973-1976
Type 2: 1967-1972, but the pitman and idler arms enter from the bottom, not the top.

There are no other links for an a-body from 67-76.

No difference with any engine.

The centerlink with the holes all in the same plane are the 73-76 model

Top is a 67-72, bottom is 73-76

Centerlinks.jpg

Is a 67 formula S 383 center link different from the rest of the links ? I ask this because the one from my 68 barracuda is different than my 67.

Centerlink should be the same (unless it's been changed), but the 67 idler arm is different and the pitman arm is different on the big block cars (but I can't remember the difference).

Yes that's a 67-72 and no it's not worth $100

I sell that same link for $25 if I'm lucky.

Jim Lusk and Ken are correct, no difference in centerlink with 67-72 and 73-76 cars regardless of v8 or /6. Nothing special about any of them, bb, sb, /6.

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :banghead: dont tell all ya know!!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back