68 Dart for sale...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
because he is a local clown that probably knew about the car for years and is pissed that someone else picked it up and will make some money from it.

A local clown huh? Don't even go there. I really could care less who buys that car. I feel for whoever buys it...that car is a parts car at best. Please inform me of its fate in the coming months.

if i had the cash to get it,id fix what ever it needs to be safe,and run it just like it is.Looks like somebodies time capsule to me.I hope somebody will buy it,and put it back just like it is/was when first built.

if i had the cash to get it,id fix what ever it needs to be safe,and run it just like it is.Looks like somebodies time capsule to me.I hope somebody will buy it,and put it back just like it is/was when first built.

See you look at the car as a time capsule and some "clown" looks at it as junk. All people don't think alike.

We have all seen far worse get fixed and make some awesome looking machines. It is just that some "clowns" aren't smart enough to even think about fixing the car back to a safe state or nice street machine.

Sidenote: There is a member on here that I talk to a good bit. He wanted to sell a Mopar A-body car on here but said " I don't want to put it on FABO because there will be assholes making negative comments about the car. Then I will get pissed so it's better if I don't sell it on there." See it shouldn't have to be that way on here.

hell, make it safe . leave it rusty , run the nutts off it lol

It wasn't long ago I was posting about having something I could rip up down the road, take it down in back woods and not worry about scratching it.

I can't walk past my car with a tool in my hand without being afraid of scratching it! LOL!

Mullinax95, you are absolutely right....for a change(LOL)
We are A-body guys, and we should uphold the value of A-bodies for all our own good. If you think a car on here is over priced, then "you ain't a A guy...or gal" I'm a fan of all the A-bodies, and we deserve our piece of the pie when we sell. If you are buying, then there are polite ways to haggle.....BY PM's!!!
Oh, and if I lived nearby, I'd buy that car in a heartbe...er second.

A local clown huh? Don't even go there. I really could care less who buys that car. I feel for whoever buys it...that car is a parts car at best. Please inform me of its fate in the coming months.

A parts car? Please. That car would sell for 3K around here.

Good job on the ad abodyjoe, thats what a for sale ad is supposed to look like.

if thats a parts car so is mine . i would like to have that car for my self . but i got to much in the one i have to get it now . when mine is sleeping with the chance of doing atleast 12 sec ill move to the next . plus , the rust on that car is nothing like mine was. and it coust me maby 100 bucks and a weilder to fix it all.

Shoot if i had a couple of bucks right now id buy it! $500 neg. and you could have a start for a lil race car...not bad in my book. hey its got a cage already

Good job on the ad abodyjoe, thats what a for sale ad is supposed to look like.

i like to see a ton of pics of something i plan on looking at. i tried to get all the spots that were bad on the car.

Everything is for sale and it's only worth what somebody will pay for it. It's the diametric/polar opposites of a buyer verses a seller in most arenas' (cars, houses, narcotics, clothes, books, futures markets, et cetera).

Everything is for sale and it's only worth what somebody will pay for it. It's the diametric/polar opposites of a buyer verses a seller in most arenas' (cars, houses, narcotics, clothes, books, futures markets, et cetera).
Thankyou Dr. Strange axle

I worked out a deal with Ralf and bought the car. abodyjoe was a great help and I had the pleasure of spending some time with him at the track. We both had a great time. Anyway, I got the car home and took a reeeeaaaalllly close look at it. Unfortunately, the car sat outside for over 12 years and the weather took it's toll on alot of the metal. Since the pictures were taken, someone tried to tow the car using the front bumper and pulled it out in the middle so that bumper is toast. Too bad because it was pretty straight. The rear subframes weren't able to support the weight of the car with jackstands as they started to crush, the floors are gone, leading edge of the hood is rotted and there is a connecting rod sticking out of the side of the block. The /6 has a 727 trans behind it and the 8 3/4 has 4.88 gears. This car, sad to say, would not be worth the money to make it safe to drive anymore.

So, George R, are you still interested in the rear sway bar? I'm stipping the car for parts. I have interest already in the /6 intake and headers. If anyone can use anything from this car, I have alot of stuff for sale for a 68 Dart post car.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

Maybe someone could buy it for a backhalf/tube chassis project. My buddy bought a 68 340 GTS and back halved it because the rails were shot...

That's certainly possible but the fenders are gone, the doors are just so-so and the lower rear quarters have big rotted holes in them. This car, I think is too far gone to be salvageable. But, if someone wanted the body, I'm open to offers.

Ken

That's certainly possible but the fenders are gone, the doors are just so-so and the lower rear quarters have big rotted holes in them. This car, I think is too far gone to be salvageable. But, if someone wanted the body, I'm open to offers.

Ken

I rest my case...and just curious...was that car sold off the Black Tie Classics car lot? The owner of that lot sells nothing but junk and warmed over cars...he has quite a bad reputation in this neck of the woods. I've seen his descriptions of his cars and when you ride by and see them in person you just laugh. I feel bad for anyone who bought a car sight unseen from him or from pictures. I remember him advertising in Hemmings (probably got banned from there) and Old Car Trader back a few years.

Fastfrankie, I bought stuff from you in the past and vice versa and all went well, but, so as not to belabor this topic any further, did you take the time to look at this car before trashing it? I did and saw what it was all about. abodyjoe did a great job at posting it with all the pictures and description but you really needed to look at it to judge for yourself. I called Ralf, met with him and abodyjoe and after a while, we stuck a deal that we both were fine with. I saw it for what it is and made Ralf and offer. The results of that deal are between me and Ralf. Black Tie Classics had nothing to do with it.

There are certainly alot of good parts on this car but the structural integrity of the body and chassis are way below par at best. That's why it's being parted out. I think that's enough on this topic.

Now - who needs some 68 Dart parts!!

Ken

I took a good look at the pictures and knew from the get-go that it was nothing more than a good parts car with some easily sold parts like the gears, intake/carb, and headers. There was no restoring it...like you said it was too far gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back