68 dart sedan worth

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
With a major heavy hart. My dad is in the hospital & he is in very bad shape. My sister & I are going to have to sell some things. Now his 68 dart sedan has a rebuilt 340, 4spd, all new interior, newer tires (about 300 miles), a lot of new stuff. I know its not an original 340. (they never made them) The body is pretty nice. Someone put a rt. half quarter on & its not very straight. My question is what do you think we can get for the car ? It runs & drives really nice. I know what he has in it & I know you don't all ways get what you have in it. We want it to go to a good home. ( when its time to sell it) Thanks

yellow 68 dart 001.JPG

yellow 68 dart 003.JPG

yellow 68 dart 004.JPG

yellow 68 dart 005.JPG

It's worth more than that!
My son just sold his 69 Valiant 383 BB auto.
It was a nice car, look it up on here under my name.
Asking $9500 got close to that.

are you sure this is what you want to do?
i understand bills and what not, but if your dad is in the hospital, this car may end up becoming an heirloom and if things take a turn for the worse, you might regret selling it
specially if your dad let you kids help you with the work on it

DIY that is so true and great advice.
My son just sold his 69 Valiant and I'm heartbroken.
We worked on it quite a bit together and he learned enough to tackle quite a lot himself.
He sold it to pay bills, didn't have to, but takes some pressure off.
I hope he gets another car while I am healthy enough to help him?

are you sure this is what you want to do?
i understand bills and what not, but if your dad is in the hospital, this car may end up becoming an heirloom and if things take a turn for the worse, you might regret selling it
specially if your dad let you kids help you with the work on it
Yea I under stand that but he has 3 others that him & I worked on together that I wouldn't give up for the world. One of them is his very first new car. 67 gtx 440 4spd

That's a nice car, it would be worth well north of 10k in my neighborhood. Good luck either way!
I regret having to sell mine, best daily driver ever. Boss's orders though, she didn't like it

sept. 30 2010 2280_1.JPG

Just my opinion, I would give it a complete cleaning inside and out. Then if you are able, park it in your garage and start it occasionally to keep the battery charged and just let it sit covered up. Believe me I know what you are going through, I have a 68 dart and it has been sitting in my driveway covered for 2 years. My health is very bad, I need a liver transplant. I have all the parts needed to finish the car but can barely get out there to work on it, but I will try the best I can to get it done. It may take me years to get done if I live that long but I am a diehard Mopar guy and won't give up on it. Neither should you, have strength and keep the car. Tell your father that he can not leave yet because he still has work to do with you and you don't want to do it alone and you need his guidance. My best to your father and you, keep your faith and everything will work out if you keep believing it. Scampman

Just my opinion, I would give it a complete cleaning inside and out. Then if you are able, park it in your garage and start it occasionally to keep the battery charged and just let it sit covered up. Believe me I know what you are going through, I have a 68 dart and it has been sitting in my driveway covered for 2 years. My health is very bad, I need a liver transplant. I have all the parts needed to finish the car but can barely get out there to work on it, but I will try the best I can to get it done. It may take me years to get done if I live that long but I am a diehard Mopar guy and won't give up on it. Neither should you, have strength and keep the car. Tell your father that he can not leave yet because he still has work to do with you and you don't want to do it alone and you need his guidance. My best to your father and you, keep your faith and everything will work out if you keep believing it. Scampman
Thank you.

Yea I under stand that but he has 3 others that him & I worked on together that I wouldn't give up for the world. One of them is his very first new car. 67 gtx 440 4spd

well that changes things, if you have multiples, sell one
shoot, sell 3 of em as long as you keep the GTX

well that changes things, if you have multiples, sell one
shoot, sell 3 of em as long as you keep the GTX
I think the 68 dart & a 41 Plymouth coupe is the only ones that will be sold. He also has a 62 polara 500 max wedge clone, 68 GTX 440 4spd (owned since 72) & another 67 GTX auto. I have helped him restore them all

-
Back