68' Dart

-
Finished the headliner. Now to get the rest of the sound/heat deadener installed and finish the carpet.

Attachments

• P1090016.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 540
  • P1090019.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 529
Very nice in white. What color for the bumpers? Vinyl top?

The bumpers will hopefully match the silver argent that's on the grill and tail panel. I'm not going back with the vinyl top. I'm trying top eliminate as much weight as possible.

I used a sound/thermal material from EZ Cool. Nice stuff and half the price as Dynamat and 1/4 the weight. 4' x 50' about $120. I installed it on the floor, roof, doors, package tray and firewall.

Attachments

• P1090020.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 489
  • P1090021.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 483
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I painted the bumpers 3 times before I got the color I was looking for. They match pretty close (in the sunlight)to the argent silver on the grill and tail panel. I really hated drilling the rear bumper for the kill switch but you gotta have one to run on the track. Now that the hood it fitted, it's time to paint it. I've got to find out why the flattener I've been using isn't taking the shine out of the clear. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the brand I'm using or if it's just old. But I can't have a shiny black hood. I found a guy in Wisconsin that sells the hood lip moulding clips for $10. Hope to get them before I start painting. I'm waiting on the seat covers and door panels to get here. After that it's off to the muffler shop to have the Magnaflow's and electric cutouts installed.

Attachments

• P1090056.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 458
  • P1090058.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 439
Very nice.
You were right, it's because you're old that you are having problems with the paint.
What are the specs on the engine?
What do you think it will run in the 1/4 when done?

That is sweet, nice job. I am helping my 19 year old son restore a 1968 Dart, we have a long way to go, so far the motor/tranny have been rebuilt (upgraded from the slant six to 318, installed disk brakes in the front, newly rebuilt axle from a '66 Coronet in the rear, modified the dashboard, and had the seats reupholstered, just got it running last weekend and identified we need a new fuel pump. Once we get the windshield and seats in she should be ready to drive then the fun of body work begins....

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 450
Yeah, I know I'm old. I was around when the Dead Sea was sick. But actually I was referring to the flattening agent I'm using in the clear. The brand is Transtar 6494. Urethane Flattening Agent. I'm probably gonna try a different brand.
Engine Specs: 4.350 Bore
4.150 Stroke
Comp Cam 540 lift. 260 duration @ 0.050 108 Lobe
10.85 Compression Diamond pistons
Indy EZ CNC
TD 1.6

I'd love to be in the 10's but realistically, probably mid 11's.

schoolcb,
that's great that you and your son can build a car together. No better hobby to bond with. What part of Texas are you located? If you need anything, let me know.

schoolcb,
that's great that you and your son can build a car together. No better hobby to bond with. What part of Texas are you located? If you need anything, let me know.

I'm in the mid-cities area, not far from DFW airport. We bought the car almost two years ago, it's been slow going but we have enjoyed it (except when we think we have something figured out and pull it apart to find we need more parts). He can't wait to drive it and we are so close to having it ready.

Just found this thread and WOW that is a really nice job you're doing! So clean!

Just waiting on seat covers and door panels. I'm ready to do some burn outs!

Attachments

• P1090069.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 396
  • P1090078.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 389
  • P1090087.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 389
  • P1090075.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 393
  • P1090090.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 400
Awesome car brother. And thats how screen savers are made haha that last picture for sure. A+ Work

I hate idiot lights. But I really don't like the look of aftermarket gauges hanging from under the dash. So I made this gauge pod from aluminum and painted it the same color as the interior and mounted it on the front of the console. Now I have nice gauges for the water temp and oil pressure. And no unsightly wires! As soon as PG sends my console plates, I can wire the line-lock and the console will be mounted for good.
I was told the bad weather in the Northeast has slowed shipping. That's probably why the console parts, seat covers and door panels aren't here. Guess I'll have to do "Honey-Do's" this weekend.

Attachments

• P1090092.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 351
Just finished the interior. All the bad weather in the northeast slowed the delivery big time. But it's done. Now it's off to the muffler shop and to get the front end aligned. I still need to re-paint the hood and clear it.

Attachments

• P1090109.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 306
  • P1090112.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 305
  • P1090117.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 305
  • P1090116.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 318
That is truly stunning dart you have built there. I love how clean the white looks and the red interior is incredible. I really like the color keyed bars and gauge panel. Classes it up real nice.

That looks great. Are your dash bezels original ones or are they repops? If repops, how did they fit...are you happy with them?

The gauge panels are re-pops. Finish is great but the fitment sucks! In retrospect, I should of sent my originals off to be refinished. They only had one small crack and I've since repaired it. Might of cost a little more, but I know they fit. Oh well, it is what it is. If I win the Lotto I'll send my old ones off to be re-finished and chunk the re-pops.

-
Back