Status
Not open for further replies.

davejc6

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
OK, here's the deal.

My dad past away last month. He left me a 68 cuda fastback and he put lots of work into this car. It's a Redlands, CA. black plate. He bought the car in the late 80' and then in the late 90's and ripped it apart and put a new 360 crate and 727 trans with posi rear end. new paint everything.

This car never been 30 miles out of so cal.

the interior is all original and very good. I think after market door panels and arm rests. New head liner light green.

It was a heater defrost only car. He got all the parts and almost finshed putting factory air in and things went south. all the ac parts are installed with r134 pump. It needs the ac lines made.

Here the problem I perfer a 70-72 Dart.

I know 1 maybe 2k and it will be a very nice driver.

What is something like this worth or trade with cash for a nice 70 dart.

If someone is local to Riverside, CA and would like to see it and post about it . I'm ok with that.

I can also get my daugther to take pix later this week.

Dave

68cuda.jpg

More pics would definitely be helpful. Looks very good from the one pic you have posted. Bench seats or buckets with console? What does/doesn't work? I know I'd love to own it and wish I had a comparable 70-72 Dart to trade...

there is just to much to list and story.

after taking apart the car it was never really driven after that. it sat in the garage for years doing little here and there.

new gas tank

ALL chrome rubber around windows doors and trunk new.

new front end with sway bar

Chrome around wheels new

front power disk brake kit

the only thing that does not work is ac, heat and defrost. It's all there just needs new lines.

THIS CAR NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE WORD RUST. The body is the same it was in 1968 That's no lie. Every thing lines up perfect. There are some rusted bolts. The dash pad is cracked and needs replaced. The dash bezel needs to be redone.

dave

I traded my dads truck for my Barracuda because thats what I wanted. I haven't missed it much. If your not into that car, don't waste any time or money on it like I did.

OK, here's the deal.

My dad past away last month. He left me a 68 cuda fastback and he put lots of work into this car. It's a Redlands, CA. black plate. He bought the car in the late 80' and then in the late 90's and ripped it apart and put a new 360 crate and 727 trans with posi rear end. new paint everything.

This car never been 30 miles out of so cal.

the interior is all original and very good. I think after market door panels and arm rests. New head liner light green.

It was a heater defrost only car. He got all the parts and almost finshed putting factory air in and things went south. all the ac parts are installed with r134 pump. It needs the ac lines made.

Here the problem I perfer a 70-72 Dart.

I know 1 maybe 2k and it will be a very nice driver.

What is something like this worth or trade with cash for a nice 70 dart.

If someone is local to Riverside, CA and would like to see it and post about it . I'm ok with that.

I can also get my daugther to take pix later this week.

Dave

What do you want for it in cash?

Sounds like somewhere between a 8K and 14K? car. That seems like a huge spread but need to see pictures. And the fact that it is not really turn key right now is an issue. There a lot to the teething issues of a freshly built car. It's not a $20K car.

Really depends on the quality of the paint job and a complete detailed list of new replaced parts. Does it have a $2K paint job or a $10K paint job? And sounds like some of those new parts could have been installed 10 years ago give or take.

I'm not putting a cash value on this car or sell. i know if i sold low then i'm screwed out of what i'm looking for.

I'm just seeing what's out there before i finish this car.

not trying to be a prick or anything. i just want to be sure it's something i want or if there is a 70 to 72 dart out there somewhere for me.

Cheers,

Dave

You should keep the car, like it or not. It was your dads car and as the years go by you`ll find that having things like his car will become more precious to you. Believe me, I`m speaking from experience.

when you decide drop me a line. i may be interested if I can get some more info etc. I did have a deal for another Cali.car, but it appears to have fallen through at this time.

Sounds like somewhere between a 8K and 14K? car. That seems like a huge spread but need to see pictures. And the fact that it is not really turn key right now is an issue. There a lot to the teething issues of a freshly built car. It's not a $20K car.

Really depends on the quality of the paint job and a complete detailed list of new replaced parts. Does it have a $2K paint job or a $10K paint job? And sounds like some of those new parts could have been installed 10 years ago give or take.

My dad painted the car himself it's not show paint but he did a very good job.
The whole car was down to the shell when painted and clear coated.
All metal on car was painted.

He didn't have a lot of money. he did everything himself. i remember he bought a old late 70's dodge camper van just to use the tranny and rear end to put in this car. yes he did rebuild them.

he also had two other cars he was working on at the same time. that is why it always took him so long to get things done.

cheers,

dave

You should keep the car, like it or not. It was your dads car and as the years go by you`ll find that having things like his car will become more precious to you. Believe me, I`m speaking from experience.

I got to the point I was investing in a truck just because it was my dads and hated it. My dad died when I was four, I grew up in his truck. Matterial objects do not keep memories alive, people do. It became more of a burden than a enjoyment. Plus, if I never got the Barracuda, I wouldn't have meet all of you great people!!!

My dad painted the car himself it's not show paint but he did a very good job.
The whole car was down to the shell when painted and clear coated.
All metal on car was painted.

He didn't have a lot of money. he did everything himself. i remember he bought a old late 70's dodge camper van just to use the tranny and rear end to put in this car. yes he did rebuild them.

he also had two other cars he was working on at the same time. that is why it always took him so long to get things done.

cheers,

dave

It's not a bad idea to get cash price in your mind about the value of the car. That way you can compare it to the 70-72 Darts you are going to look for. Most of those for sale will not say "interesting trades welcome". But it never hurts to ask, but you've got to create some financial equal ground.

There should be some 70-72 Darts in So Cal for you to look at. They are out there. Got to check craigslist, pomona swap meets, long beach swap meets and you should go to the next Fall Fling in October.

Are you looking for something real comprable just a 70-72 Dart? Like same running gear as your Barracuda but in a solid painted 70-72 Dart. You can get 70-72 Dart more "done" and more "extras" than your Barracuda because the Barracuda is worth more (equal to equal).

Unless he used to beat you or something YOU WILL REGRET trading that car. also from experience

My stepmom bought my dad a 67 cuda fastback before she passed away last year,I'll end up with it when my dad passes away,everytime I see that car or do something to it I think of her and dad and what a great person she was and that my dad is.I have some metal organizer bins and a plaque from when my grandma died and I think of her everytime I go lookin in them for a parts.Grandma bought me my first model car :cheers:...It's your car now to do with what you want.

Amen to that one !!
I'm in the middle of that now !

Not trying to tell you what to do, but that barracuda could be one bad *** looking ride if you just personalized it to your own tastes, but I can see your love for darts takes priority.

I for one would hang on to my Dad's car if he left one for me.

Though I can see both sides of the 'keep it, dont keep it' thing.. I have to say.. you can always find a 70-72 Dart.. something that you can buy, start working on, and something that can eventually be passed down to your kids.. you can do that and still keep your dads car.. It just seems to me, thats a piece of your family history, and maybe something worth hanging onto.. you may prefer the Dart.. but your kids may take a liking to grandpaps Cuda.. just something to think about...

My Dad lost his licence about 6 months ago when he went into the hospital.He is not capable of driving but he loves his car to death and lets me know that it is not to be sold,but to be kept in good running order.I'm not sure what wil be done with it when he passes(he's 90 now) but just thinkin how much your Dad may have loved his car.

Thanks for all the great advice here.

It looks to me it will be very hard to replace this car with all the work done to it.

I think I will make a Sunday driver from it.

Cheers.

Dave

I'm sorry to hear your Dad passed away. It has only been a month and I'm sure you're still dealing with him being gone. It's hard to make decisions but I believe you will find that keeping his car was a good decision for you and your family. You have my sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back