68 GTS two piece Hubcap (dark silver recess and heavy)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
This not an N.O.S. cover but as close to one as you will find. It appears to be a takoff from when the car was new as there is no signs it was on the car for a long amount of time. There is a couple of small pits on one of the spokes but the stainless ring is perfect as is the sides and back side of the cap. There is a couple of small scratches on the silver paint. Look at the back side and you will see it is spotless. This cap looks like it is brand new all the way around. I have this cap unpacked so if you would like a close up picture of anything I can take and post it. Price on this cap to start things off is listed at $400.00 plus the ride from Illinois 60188 (US only). If you think I am out of my mind let me know but I have seen what sets of these sell for in this condition. If you have a 68 Coronet R/T, 68 Charger R/T, or 68 Dart GTS and need one of these this is the ad to respond to for that missing cap. Pm me if interested.
Chas.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 003.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 521
  • 004.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 522
  • 005.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 525
87 people have looked. It is still available. If you have the car this fits you would be hard pressed to find one in better shape. I put this price on this one based on some sets I have seen sell. If you are serious and need this one PM me and shoot an offer. Im only listing this once and the cap will just go back on the wall. Thanks for the PMs on this one.
Chas

87 people have looked. It is still available. If you have the car this fits you would be hard pressed to find one in better shape. I put this price on this one based on some sets I have seen sell. If you are serious and need this one PM me and shoot an offer. Im only listing this once and the cap will just go back on the wall. Thanks for the PMs on this one.
Chas

400.00? good luck with the sale................

Mark, it dont have to be 400 but it wont be given away. I could just hang onto it, go to the nats and stick it on a table and it wont last long. I priced it based on sets selling in the same condition. I am open to offers. I figure somewhere in the middle would be fair. I have had lots of interest in this cap teling me how nice it is etc. but the price is high and money is tight so....... offers are not coming in and I fully expected this. If I hung a much less price on it I would have a full PM box. Just waiting on the right person who needs it and will offer something fair. I will be glad when this is gone. I will never use it on my car and did want to until I found out what the other 3 would cost me. I dont have a GTS so I will stick with rallye wheels. Even at that my wheels are on the car and there is 800 bucks tied up in them with the caps, rings, and rims. Like I said and I am not trying to be a jerk, I will list it this once and just forget about it after the thread is old and just hang it on the wall again. It is pretty cool looking and makes a great 'mancave' piece at least for me.
Chas

I've got 2 sets of a 3 piece Plymoth cap here with the same attachment and ridiculous weight.
They didn't stay on the wheel very well. I think the softer and rounder radial sidewalls were part of the reason runaway hubcaps were common for a time.
Good luck with the sale.

The Plymouth, wire wheel covers I have are the same way. They must weigh 5 pounds each.

The entire car gets a slight vibration when I run them and completely goes away when I take them off.

Can you do any better on price. I need all four any idea were. Thanks

Ricbit, doesnt Garlits have a show/swap in the spring? I seem to remember a nice Mopar thingy in Gainesville too! I lived in Brooksville a ways back and there was always Mopar goings on around the state. If you want caps like these you can hit Indy or the Nats. They will be there for sure. Check on For B Bodies Only too as caps like these are also used on 68 Coronets and I think maybe Chargers too but not sure on the Chargers as I have only seen lighter one piece caps that look like these 'aka the caps on the Bullitt Charger'. I will tell you they are not going to be cheap and like some people have stated on this thread they are heavy and throw tire balance off. Not a great way to make a sale on my behalf but caps like these are great for show cars but for every day this would be a waste of good money. I am open to offers on the cap. Slant Six performance parts would be a good trade too. Car is done and nothing big is needed anymore but Clifford shortie hedders are what I will be buying this year and some new tires for the 15 inch small bolt rallyes I bought so if you want to talk just pop me a PM. Thanks.
Chas.

Still have mag cap for sale, I have 1need 3 more,400 is a bit rich for me, but will make offer.
BTW I payed $35 for a super nice one, i might give you $200 or sell you mine for $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back