68 Valiant

-
Can you post a pic of that coil bracket? I am swapping to an alum intake & it doesn't have provisions for the coil bracket so I need to figure out where to mount it w/o drilling any holes in the body on my 67.

yes youll have to give me a couple days until i see the car next. Its a Mancini bracket and coil mount

The latest pics. Motor and trans are in. just buttoning up details. headers are ok but tight on the drivers side. you wont get the starter out without pulling the trans or maybe removing a torsion bar to move the header.

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 003.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 752
  • 68 plymouth 001.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 747
  • 68 plymouth 005.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 733
  • 68 plymouth 002.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 769
  • 68 plymouth 006.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 751
  • 68 plymouth 004.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 772
Wow car is looking awesome. The picture of underneath is sweet. Beautiful job man!!! That is going to be alot of fun.....

started installation of the Champion radiator, transmission cooler and drive shaft/safety loop.

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 001.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 658
  • 68 plymouth 003.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 649
  • 68 plymouth 004.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 655
  • 68 plymouth 005.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 658
Hi vitamin, I see you got the full TTI system 3" nice,I used band clamps on all connections except the hangers. Also what champion radiator did you get? With that exhaust you won't be sneaking up on anyone. Lol thanks, Dave

Hi vitamin, I see you got the full TTI system 3" nice,I used band clamps on all connections except the hangers. Also what champion radiator did you get? With that exhaust you won't be sneaking up on anyone. Lol thanks, Dave
Yes i picked up a pair of 3'' tailpipes from TTI. The mufflers and H-pipe are TTi's from another car, so im doing a bit of test fitting, but it should all work. I dont have the radiator part number in front of me, but its the 22'' big block 3 core version

Yes i picked up a pair of 3'' tailpipes from TTI. The mufflers and H-pipe are TTi's from another car, so im doing a bit of test fitting, but it should all work. I dont have the radiator part number in front of me, but its the 22'' big block 3 core version
Thanks Vitamin C

I tried locating a small block coil bracket like yours but ended up modifying 1 from a kick down bracket from a 70's van.

Attachments

• Picture 1252.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 559
  • Picture 1254.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 560
  • Picture 1253.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 578
Some of the latest. Its finally all 68!!!

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 001.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 567
  • 68 plymouth 002.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 567
  • 68 plymouth 003.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 538
  • 68 plymouth 004.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 557
  • 68 plymouth 005.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 541
  • 68 plymouth 006.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 557
Those pieces turned out really nice.
Actually painted them with a two part spray can setup from automotive touchup. Worked very well, the base coat paint covered almost perfect, then finished with the clear. The clear coat spray was a little iffy, after the first coat the nozzle acted real funny, but it worked out. I wouldnt hesitate to use this again for small jobs and repairs.

Wow! Been a while since I checked in on this thread. The Valiant looks frickin sweet, the 68 grill really sets it off.

I have the complete 67 grille that i dont need, so if your interested we need to agree on a price.

Fired the motor today, seemed to go pretty smooth, only a few small glitches. Took it for a very short ride, but didnt get my foot into it. Here is a pic of the 3'' TTI tail pipes. with the offset spring hangers they are very tight.

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 001.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 459
  • 68 plymouth 003.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 439
VitaminC-

So, so sweet. Just love these. Im currently looking for '68 to build for myself as soon as I finish up with my wife's '64.

I think its funny how your "not doing a restoration on this car, i figured i would just freshen up the mechanicals and have a fun street car" is way nicer than 95% of our projects. Very cool buddy. Love it.

Here's a stupid question...how does it drive? Very nice car!
Well, the engine and transmission were both dyno'd, so all i had to do was bolt on the carb and drop in the distributor and turn the key. I had quite a bit of trouble getting the starter to work with the correct positive battery cable connection, so i had the header, torsion bar, etc off and on so many times i could do it in my sleep. I fired it up and very slowly ran it up and down the street to test everything like the "BRAKES", before i smash the gas pedal. The car shifted and acted very good with no major problems other than some small issues. One problem that i may have is cooling, "surprise, surprise", It seemed to cool at idle but gets hot moving. Im going to try a high flow thermostat and one large elec fan in place of the shroud and the two smaller units. I just dont think they are moving enough air. I may even try a stock shroud and fan. I drove it a total of about 1 mile, so im not getting real worried just yet. I set the timing at 38 deg, so i may play with that to see if that may be the issue.

-
Back