68 Valiant

-
Thanks, the motor and transmission are done and dyno'd, just waiting for the converter to show at the trans shop and ill get them picked up in the next week or so. The engine dyno'd at 589 hp @ 5600 rpm and 632 tq @ 4100. It should be a real hand full on the street

ill be posting soon. I picked up the motor and transmission thursday. I need to order mounts, headers and misc. items needed to at least set it all in the car. I posted a header question in the exhaust section asking about about TTI's 1 3/4, headers and are they the best choice? I know they are the best fit, but this stroker is making 590 hp, and am questioning the tube size

Yes, im going to leave it white, and replace the black vinyl top. The older i get the more attached i get to origional colors, no matter how ugly! I may go with a fiberglass hood, but ill wait until the motor is in and the victor manifold is on. I also want to run the dog dish hubcaps so I ordered steel wheels today. 4'' for the front and 8'' for the rear. the tires are 275/60 and 26'' moroso front runners. This started out as a "street" car but that flew out the window pretty fast.
I like your choice of color. Last week I was driving home from work and found myself next to a white 67 Valiant. It had Centerline Autodrag spun aluminum mags on it the same as mine with BF Groodrich Radial TAs on it and really looked sharp. Mine will be yellow, but after seeing that one I almost wish I had gone white, It gave the car a really clean look. Bill

Engine and transmission are almost ready to plant, just waiting for the mounts and some other misc. parts

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 002.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 593
  • 68 plymouth 004.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 600
  • 68 plymouth 008.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 605
  • 68 plymouth 009.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 604
Mind posting your engine build???? crank,pistons,rods,heads,comp.ratio??? --One day I WILL have a 67-68 valiant butt they are far and few between and hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!! I just purchased a 66 but don't know if I want to spend a dime on it,It wasn't exactly what the add said it was!!!!! now I'm stuck--Steve

Best Machine
383 block
4.25 K-1 crank
eagle 6.5 rods
Diamond flat top pistons
10.7 compression ratio
Comp cams Hyd 535/541-245 [email protected] nitrided
OTB Edelbrock performer heads victor intake
Quickfuel 850

Joel's
727 reverse valve body
super sprag
deep pan
ATI converter

dyno'd at 589 HP@ 5600rpm
646 TQ@ 4100rpm

awesome build love the valiants, makes me want to tear into my 68 to freshen up, def subscribed to this thread! and thanks for the paint booth idea, i was taping off up to roof which is waste i like your tent idea :thumleft:

thanks for the specs vit. c Can't wait to hear you describe your first ride in it!!!!!!

Test fit

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 002.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 505
  • 68 plymouth 003.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 492
Ok--I'm a rookie so be nice!!!!--I have a 68 in transport to my house ,Do you have a 68 grille on that????? it looks different than mine or is that me??? I'm a fan of what you are doing,The hood scoop is from where??? Thanks STeve

What headers are you using??? motor mounts??? Is it the stock k-frame?? Steve

Your correct, thats a 67 grille. im in the process of changing it back over to the correct year. The scoop is a 67 Hemi style from Stinger fiberglass.

TTI headers, Schumacher conversion mounts, stock K-member. K- member needs to be notched for oil pump clearance. Its all spelled out in the conversion mount kit.

Hope you don't mind a copycat cause you are building my ultimate car!!!! But I'm thinking of a smallblock with a blower coming thru the hood !!!! I hope I have the patience you do!!!!!!!!! I will try bodywork for the first time just like you--You should have no worries--YOU HAVE DONE A OUTSTANDING JOB!! --sTEVE

Hope you don't mind a copycat cause you are building my ultimate car!!!! But I'm thinking of a smallblock with a blower coming thru the hood !!!! I hope I have the patience you do!!!!!!!!! I will try bodywork for the first time just like you--You should have no worries--YOU HAVE DONE A OUTSTANDING JOB!! --sTEVE
Thankyou, There are some nice guys on here that will help you with parts and such for these cars. youll find there not that easy to come by. post up your project and questions and youll get the parts and :glasses7:help.

I dont know if i would say "Dream Mopar"! That would be an origional "HEMI" somthing!

I have 2 versions of dream car. Unrealistic, 71 Hemi cuda vert Plum with white interior 4 speed.

And realistic. 68 valiant 383 4speed.

Thanks for the updates. Everytime you post, I'm guled to my computer screen! :happy1: I can't wait to see the finished project!

-
Back