68 Valiant

-
Not much new to report, but did get the radio back from Wards, and installed the NOS dash panel i found. Wards does pretty nice work for not much money, i would for sure recommend him.

Attachments

• 68 plymouth 005.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 871
9q8net.jpg

29zt1li.jpg

driver side. Looks like 5.25" with the tape right on the body line and 6" from the top of the fender. side marker is 8" center from bottom of emblem

1239p1i.jpg

35btfg3.jpg

Time for me to chime in and quit lurking on this great build, this is a great thread and build you have going with some great info :happy2:
thank you dennday67:cheers: for jumping in here with the info Vitamin c has been looking for

Looking Gerrrrate Vitamin c :glasses7:

I could try to get some measurements on the passenger side but that fender took a hit in the front and i would have to do dig out my other set of emblems since that one is missing.

Wow, how did I miss this thread for so long... subscribed!
Thats some really nice work goin on there!!
Mine's gonna be more for turning corners than straight line stuff.
Hope you don't mind some pics- pauly

Attachments

• 10-4-2010 007_1.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 856
  • 10-4-2010 011_1.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 843
  • 0223121754.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 836
  • 0223121755.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 825
  • 0203121821a.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 813
Nice car, post away. ive found out that these cars are not as common as the darts dusters etc... and finding parts is a bit of a challenge. You/we/us need to seek out the Valiant cars on here and share information and spare/extra parts. :burnout:

Your welcome. I just sent my 67 parts car to the crusher. Interesting turn signal mod pauly.

thanks. I couldn't find a decent 67/68 filler panel so I used one from a Duster, and since they have their signals in the grill I needed to be inventive.
You didn't by chance save any trim from the parts car did you? I need one of the rear body side moldings. If i can't find one I'll have to pay big $$ to have mine restored.

I'm not sure which piece your talking about but I do have the extra filler panel. :eek:ops:

The back one, mine got a little flat sided by the original owner.
either side will fit. -pauly

Attachments

• 0802091714a.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 808
Yes, im going to leave it white, and replace the black vinyl top. The older i get the more attached i get to origional colors, no matter how ugly!

rofl. this reminds me back when i had my first dart. big 4door ugly gold thing.
it came with a 4speed on the floor & 318 that smoked like hell... looked like a crop duster goin down the road. until i put the 340 in.... :snakeman:

it was a little loud with the headers, so once in a while some punk in a mustang or camaro pull up next to me and want to race...

the last thing they saw were the '68 tail lights haha

My first car was a 1969 4 dr dart. My cousin bought an olds with a 350 and dual four barrel edelbrocks. We took it for a drive and i was that's nice, want a ride in the dart? Took him down the street and back and he was Damn that's fast what's it got a big block? Popped the hood to show him the 273 with a bbd on top.

In line for state mandated vehicle inspection. There's still alot of detaily stuff to take care of, but I'll be rolling this weekend. I'm happy!
Oh yeah, it passed inspection and then the state picked my pocket for three years back taxes. My wife is not amused!

Attachments

• 0316121419.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 754
In line for state mandated vehicle inspection. There's still alot of detaily stuff to take care of, but I'll be rolling this weekend. I'm happy!
Oh yeah, it passed inspection and then the state picked my pocket for three years back taxes. My wife is not amused!

Pauly, I'm jealous, wish mine was ready for inspection. Hopefully by the end of the month my daughter’s will have all of her stuff out of my son’s garage and he can get back to work on our 69 Valiant. BTW, I like the white. Our original color is white and we may leave it that way. Anyway good lookin ride Pauly.

Hey Pauly, Glad to see your ride on the road! Can't wait to see it!

Any updates on your car Vitamin?
Not much lately. Ive been busy with other things now that its getting warm out. Ive done some small upgrades, but really waiting for parts to get back. Ill try and get some new pics up this weekend.

Not much to report, but did get the front markers, Valiant emblems and trunk panel installed. also installed the radio antenna.

Attachments

• 68 valiant 002.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 705
  • 68 valiant 001.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 700
Got the bucket seats from legendary, and the dash bezel from auto instruments this week. The seats have been covered in 68 Barracuda style, and i had legendary custom make a matching cover for the valiant rear seat frame. ill get the carpet installed and should be able to finish up the interior.

Attachments

• 68 valiant 003.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 685
  • 68 valiant 005.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 672
  • 68 valiant 001.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 681
  • 68 valiant 004.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 662
68 valiants are my absolute favorite. this one is AMAZING. keep it up. SUBSCRIBED

Started on the carpet install, and will hopefull get the interior finished up this coming weekend. I pulled the manufacturer tag off the origional rear carpet pad and threw it back under the new carpet set.

Attachments

• 68 valiant 002.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 645
  • 68 valiant 003.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 651
  • 68 valiant 005.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 644
-
Back