-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beepedout70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
New to the site but figured it would be the best place to list an original ’69 A-body 383 HP short block – long shot but possibly the original car is still out there?1969 383 HP short block from ’69 Dart GTS. Casting Date: 9/10/68Assembly Date: 10/68 Vin # LS23H9B19432(2?) (last number is very faint on bottom could be a 2, 3 or 8??) Has the unique mounting pad on front of block and machined mount ear on the driverside of the block for a factory big block A-body. Also, could have originally come out of a 4spd car as it has the pilot bushing in crank but the ‘70 Cuda I purchased the motor out of was an automatic? I purchased the motor this past spring as running 383 that was previously in a ‘70 cuda, for all the 1970 items I needed for my car: 383HP distributor, 402 oil pan, heads, kickdown linkage, etc.. The shortblock (block, crank, rods, pistons, timing chain cover, balancer) is still assembled as it was pulled out of the car, I just put it on a stand and pulled the intake and heads – the oil pan is still on it right now. I am selling the 383 without the heads, manifolds, oil pan, accessories, etc. $900 Located in central NJ

New to the site but figured it would be the best place to list an original ’69 A-body 383 HP short block – long shot but possibly the original car is still out there?1969 383 HP short block from ’69 Dart GTS. Casting Date: 9/10/68Assembly Date: 10/68 Vin # LS23H9B19432(2?) (last number is very faint on bottom could be a 2, 3 or 8??) Has the unique mounting pad on front of block and machined mount ear on the driverside of the block for a factory big block A-body. Also, could have originally come out of a 4spd car as it has the pilot bushing in crank but the ‘70 Cuda I purchased the motor out of was an automatic? I purchased the motor this past spring as running 383 that was previously in a ‘70 cuda, for all the 1970 items I needed for my car: 383HP distributor, 402 oil pan, heads, kickdown linkage, etc.. The shortblock (block, crank, rods, pistons, timing chain cover, balancer) is still assembled as it was pulled out of the car, I just put it on a stand and pulled the intake and heads – the oil pan is still on it right now. I am selling the 383 without the heads, manifolds, oil pan, accessories, etc. $900 Located in central NJ

which oil pan did it have?

Well worth it to the guy who has that car.....

It has a 402 oil pan on it right now. I needed this and the '70 383 items off of it when I purchased it for my 70 RR. Figured being an original Abody 383 short block I would put it out there.

It has a 402 oil pan on it right now. I needed this and the '70 383 items off of it when I purchased it for my 70 RR. Figured being an original Abody 383 short block I would put it out there.

Why the "402" pan on your 70?

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in the 383, it has been sold to an FABO member - Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back