69 barracuda fastback 383-s

-
NO BLACK inside! I have plenty of NOS ones to prove it. Looking GREAT, my friend sold it to you and i wish i had as much ambition to work on my, to many projects!!!!

Like Dave says they are unpainted. Stripped the black off mine when I realized they should be bare. They are one year only I believe.

NO BLACK inside! I have plenty of NOS ones to prove it. Looking GREAT, my friend sold it to you and i wish i had as much ambition to work on my, to many projects!!!!

Thanks Dave I look forward meeting you one of theses days! I have read a lot of your post ,I know you know your stuff, when it comes to theses cars anyway! Im not far from you guys hopefully we'll run into each other at Carlisle or something? I know what you mean with projects. That's my advise to anyone. One at a time and don't stop until its done. I love the results, it makes it well worth it. While I got you guys, what size fan spacer should this car of mine have? 7/8?

Thanks again!

finished polishing the car. Still have to finish the hood. Back is killing me from that damn wheel! I just pushed the emblems on for the picture !
Should there be black on the inside of the script barracuda emblem? These are new chrome .Do I need to paint them black inside?
VERY VERY NICE! nice work I love to see guys & gals who do there own work. I also have a 69 barracuda s 383 4spd, but in f5. The int. is f8. My uncle ordered it new. It has 67.000 miles on it. Its work in progress

VERY VERY NICE! nice work I love to see guys & gals who do there own work. I also have a 69 barracuda s 383 4spd, but in f5. The int. is f8. My uncle ordered it new. It has 67.000 miles on it. Its work in progress

Uncle ordered new!!! Dam, that's a definite KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 440 notch is F5/F8 vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda 020 @50%.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 472
Uncle ordered new!!! Dam, that's a definite KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 440 notch is F5/F8 vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Your cuda looks very nice !!! Would you happen to have pics of the interior ?

hoods done!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 429
hoods done!

Sweet!!!!

I decided to go back with the stock hood. Hope I am not dissapointed!!

On another note got to see mine friday and its real close. Paint is on the shelf in the shop!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=199408

I found this thread that no one replied to. I posted the trouble I am having!The hood wants to favor the driver side when I close it. Its sitting to tight on the driver side and to big of a gap on pass side. is there something I am missing here? its fine every where else but it just keeps kicking over when I close it!Any help?

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 418
  • 007.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 427
Are the hinges tight ?? I mean real tight !!!!

Check that other post again.

And don't mess that shiny stuff up !

Do you have the bumpers in ?

Are the hinges tight ?? I mean real tight !!!!

Check that other post again.

Yea I had the hinges rebuilt new rivets! But not to tight like it can't move
And fenders are already favoring the drivers side so theres no more adjusting there.

We had sort of the same issue with my Dad's Dart hood, So my paint and body guy came over and with the hood up, gave it a big shove to the side that needed less gap. After a couple times of "tweaking" it that way, it fit fine.

We had sort of the same issue with my Dad's Dart hood, So my paint and body guy came over and with the hood up, gave it a big shove to the side that needed less gap. After a couple times of "tweaking" it that way, it fit fine.

I tried that first but being the fenders are on theres not much I can push it before it wants to bottom out up against the fender. I need to get wheels on the front so its more stationary and don't try to move on me. I will try that again. once I get it on the front wheels.Thanks

I did more todaygot the main brake line in gas line fits like crap I am ready to order a fuel line from inlinetube. The one I got is from RS.
Got rear springs in and rear! Also painted the lower control arms!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 390
  • 008.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 378
I finally got the car out, so here is another F8 green Cuda!

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 364
  • 018.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 364
  • 013.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 375
  • 011.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 368
  • 012.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 032.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 374
I finally got the car out, so here is another F8 green Cuda!

Wow that's cool! And looks real clean!

I upgraded to 11'x 2 1/2' rear brakes. Backing plates off a 70 or 71 barracuda! All new hardware and wheel cylinders and powder coated backing plates! Wooo Ahhh

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 014.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 340
Ive been still going on the car, But have been slacken with updates! I restored the heater box since, new core and gaskets, glass beaded all the metal parts and repainted them all. I restored the 4spd clutch and brake pedal. Same thing glass bead painted the lower pedals then used the metal magic?? stuff that prevents the steel from rusrting and keeps the parts with the natural steel color! Also been doing the seats. I completely disassembled the seats and once again glass beaded the seat frames and springs!! New burlap and foam cushions! I also got the rear complete as well as the front end! So now I can roll the car .

Ill post pictures tomorrow of all the other things ive been doing the seats and all!Can't find the camera right now.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 013.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 015.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 412
Tommy, on the hood. Do you have the 4 fender bumpers for the hood on it yet? If not, they will help with maintaining a proper hood gap.

x2
just be careful with hitting the fender.

Tommy, on the hood. Do you have the 4 fender bumpers for the hood on it yet? If not, they will help with maintaining a proper hood gap.

10-4 John. I was able to get a little more at of it. and I think Ill get some more? I been jumping around a lot so I think Ill get it? I forgot to mention I restored the steering column and ebrake lever ,sent the dash bezel out to be restored! Glass beaded the dash frame so that's ready to go when the bezel gets back! pic tomorrow!

looking great Tom!!!!

Thanks for posting some updates!

ok heres a few pictures of the driver seat. I took the tracks apart by drilling the backside of the large rivet . this way the track will slide out. I didn't want the glass bead getting stuck in thr tracks.
I also threw in a picture of the heater box I restored!
Next is a picture of the clutch pedal. Besides cleaning and re-spraying the pedals I replaced the two sets of needle bearings on the pedal shaft.
The picture of the seat track has the white circle around the rivet . That's the rivet I drilled out and re-welded back in when I was done with the track!

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 263
  • 058.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0504.JPG