69 Barracuda race car

-
If it has rectangle side marker lights on the quarter panel it's a 69, front ends are easily changed...i think some people forget that.
Nice car nonetheless, welcome to fabo. You will find all you need & some
Thanks man yes it has Rectangular marker lights on the rear quarters

I like the plan.

The thread link left behind is a good one by IQ52. He has also built up some excellent entries and winners in the Engine Masters dyno competition, so... LOL, Jim is a very good source of information on how to a big block.

There is no shortage of big block builds here or good knowledge.

For the future, at the top of this sub forum, the racers forum, there are a few sticky threads that are 1/4 mile based titled threads and what should contain everything or at least most of everything you need to know on how to obtain a certain ET.

Unfortunately! Not everyone has out in all the pertinent information. But most of it’s there. You can go back and see what others did with that car to fill it in the blanks. I’ll just say, a lightweight car goes faster with the same amount of power I have your car does so, there’s any more of a day that you can put your car on, do it!

Nice car by the way! Welcome aboard! I would like to see some more pictures if you please.

3F3B9996-E552-4EF4-A979-FFEF77CB5CDB.jpeg

149EF2AC-F191-4B5E-8868-E0616BCA8F06.jpeg

E6048145-4328-4CCB-8AF5-D5B4C7328BEB.jpeg

1EE2FF73-4E40-4F73-A466-A57921F9F4A4.jpeg

I believe those fuel lines will have to be moved off the firewall, unless NHRA has changed some rules. Very cool car!

Thanks man yes it has Rectangular marker lights on the rear quarters
Very cool, that is one of the cars I passed on multiple times in my past, now I love them. Good luck, honestly about the power I think depending on the block & internals, main studs you can get away with 700 safely 750-800 pushing it. but you'll definitely need a decent set of cylinder heads, cam, compression, intake & carb, but with any factory crank & rods I wouldn't try.

How reliable is a 440 I know it all depends on how it’s built but on average are they reliable
440's are good reliable motors...how fast?.....well, it really depends on what you have, and how it was built. For example: A guy at my track has a tubbed dart with a stroked big block (505 I think), Edelbrock heads, dominator, etc.....and my small block is a tenth faster, even with 97 less cubes. It really depends on your combo. Without more info its impossible to tell.

Here is another way to look at it, how fast do you want to go?

Any idea how much power a 440 can make on motor alone

I ran a stock 440S-pack motor with 906's, but put a 650/.650 290@.050 sft cam in it, Team G intake and an 850DP back in 1990 in my '69 cuda big tyre car@3300lbs, ran a best of 11.2@119 which is around 450fwhp. Did nothing but put a set of BV 906's on @around 260cfm and went 10.7@125 which =around 525fwhp.

69cuda.jpg

The reason I ask is because I know how expensive Chrysler products can be when they break and I really don’t have the money to be rebuilding a 440
Actually they're so abundant now in the aftermarket their reasonable. Nothing of mopar will ever be as inexpensive as a smallblock Chevy but you're starting off better. Look in the 10 second builds I think you'll find many standard stroke 440s,
Your goal of 7 seconds shouldn't be hard to achieve. I imagine the car is geared well, maybe get the converter rebuilt or replaced.
Did the previous owner leave you a build sheet or anything ?

Actually they're so abundant now in the aftermarket their reasonable. Nothing of mopar will ever be as inexpensive as a smallblock Chevy but you're starting off better. Look in the 10 second builds I think you'll find many standard stroke 440s,
Your goal of 7 seconds shouldn't be hard to achieve. I imagine the car is geared well, maybe get the converter rebuilt or replaced.
Did the previous owner leave you a build sheet or anything ?
The previous owner died about 15 years ago and his wife knew nothing and had no paperwork whatsoever

The previous owner died about 15 years ago and his wife knew nothing and had no paperwork whatsoever
That sucks 2 times over. If it were me I'd get the safety stuff updated, like seatbelts, check the brakes very well, change the oil & probably look over the tires very well & run it to see what you have. Looks like it has an air shifter on it, wonder if it has a trans brake. Maybe take some photos of the gauges & switches people may have more info just from seeing more photos, do you know what rear dif is in it ?

That sucks 2 times over. If it were me I'd get the safety stuff updated, like seatbelts, check the brakes very well, change the oil & probably look over the tires very well & run it to see what you have. Looks like it has an air shifter on it, wonder if it has a trans brake. Maybe take some photos of the gauges & switches people may have more info just from seeing more photos, do you know what rear dif is in it ?
Yes it is a 727 with a trans break back tires been been replaced as far as the shifter I don’t know if it’s air or electric

-
Back