69 cuda for 74 roadrunner????

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
i found a 74 roadrunner in the same shape as my cuda <no rust solid body runs and drives> only diffrence is the interiror of the roarunner has been completed and my cuda has all the pieces jus needs to be put together. anybody have a opinion on what i should do?

Youl do whatever your heart says.

But id go cuda any day of the week.

Muscle cars lost value in 71-72 when they lost h.p. because of the smog laws. That, and the big, stupid bumpers they have always made them less desirable than their "forefathers". There was once a time when nobody wanted them and you could pick one up for a song. Only because the "good" cars are becoming so valuable, are the later ones selling.
Myself, I'd NEVER trade a 69 Cuda, (muscle car or not) for any car of those later years.
The ol' .02 cent thing...

Is there anyway you can have both? The A bodies are always going to first especially here, but I think that body style Roadrunner is pretty cool for a big cruiser. Can you post some pictures?

Keep yours and buy the Roadrunner, that is what I would do.

Keep the Cuda,you,ll regret it in the long-run if you trade.Just buy the Runner and have 2.Double your pleasure!

CUDA. i personally dont like the look of the 70's roadrunners cuda are mean lookin though all years keep the cuda

if i had the money i would jus buy the runner, but i don't think anybody is gonna give me back the money i put into the cuda over the past year. and i jus recently got a 09 charger and i'm lookin for somethin that i can find stuff for a littl easier and to be a little easier on the wallet cuz 69 stuff is pretty hard to come by.

74 Road Runner stuff isn't growing on trees either. You will spend the same $$ or more on the B-body stuff, and probably have a harder time finding the 74 Road Runner stuff than the b-cuda stuff. At the end of the day you will be in the same situation with a car you may not like as much.

true true the only thing the runner needs is the dash recovered and a pieces of molding on the inside. it has a 318 bored 30 over with a 2bbl holly on top. it's painted viper blue. i jus got off the phone with the guy and he's pretty excited about possably gettin the cuda. he's jus lookin for a new project he's been workin on the runner for 7 years and wants to clean his garage out he's also gnna give me a 383 along with the car and a set of matchin numbers rallye wheels with new rubber all around.

Hmmmm decisions decisions!

0706_mopp_01_z+1974_plymouth_road_runner+front_view.jpg

pic-58320.jpg

I say think about it for awhile, there's no rush. Nobody's going to buy that '74 Roadrunner tomorrow. The fact that the other guy is so excited about your car tells me your Cuda is better. It would be bad to make a hasty decision and regret it.

it'll be the middle of next month before we trade. i'ma go over and look at his car and he's gonna look at all the pics i have of the cuda before we come to a decision

I just looked through your pictures and threads
And if the Roadrunner need all the parts your does it would be a no trade vote from me to 69cudafla 8)
Take everything in to mind that you know :read2:
You know what you have 8) and the Roadrunner needs to be looked at very carefully, Look up the correct vin # for a road runner before you go look at it and be sure it's not a clowned Sattalite.
And watch out for this fellow8) he may be looking to step up to a Barracuda.
Keep us updated and get the vin numbers and remember8) glass and rust problems to a mest up bulk head, shock towers under the hood could be cracked, I have seen this before. Take your time and do what makes you happy sir, You and your son will be enjoying one of these care in a few years :cheers:

My opinion&#8230;. A Barracuda is an expensive to restore car with hard to find parts.

If you want to change directions I would skip the Roadrunner and look for a Dart.

Darts are cool and have less frustrating part availability.

KEEP THE B'CUDA!!!!!
A 74 318 Road Runner isn't a great deal. That da$hpad is about an $800 item, interior trim pieces for the 73/4 B-Bods aren't easy to come by. That 383 is not a bolt-in swap either, K-members were different for small & big blocks starting in 73. Now you need a K-member (or conversion mounts), tranny and possibly rear end to put that 383 in.
Before you load the starter-launchers - I have a 74 Charger so I know the quirk$ these cars have

whatever engine he gives me i won't be keeping it i'm not one of the power hungry drivers i'm more of a cruiser my charger has jus a v6 and i'm just as happy as if i had a hemi. i only drive about 4 1/2 miles to work my dad is certified mechanic went when he was 18 and now he's 46. anythin even remotely related to cars i always talk to my dad about it he wants me to take as many pics of the car as i possably can and then send them to him before i come to a decision. i appreciate you guys lookin out for me and makin sure i don't get screwed. i love my bcuda. but she's jus b een sittin there for a year with nothin done to her and i would rather see her go to a nice place. this guy is only the 2nd owner the roadrunner has ever seen the first bein his dad. he's jus tired of playin with it and wants somethin different. but i'll get the vin number for you guys he seem pretty knowledgable about mopars and he hate chevys and he wants a 1 for 1 swap no money or nothin just title for title.

-
Back