-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wagenercuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im after some 69 grills for my cuda. Also the chrome suround. My r/h side is badly damaged and the l/h side is pretty bad also. Cheers Mark.
ps Im in New Zealand but can foward to Kiwi Shipping in LA .

local yard has one sitting in a car but im not sure what year it is do you have a part number to go by for both sides ... i will see if its what u need

These are a set of 69 grilles and no they are not for sale,pic is for reference only.
Doug

100_0158.jpg

They're not that hard to find. Some guy on ebag sells them redone for $3500 to $5000. just give him a call.

Thanks for the reply, man Ive been busy I got my car from the shipping company yesterday. It had just arived from LA, It was the first time I have ever seen a Barracuda ( I just brought it over the net )!!! These cars are heaps smaller than I thought , and light !!!! I could do with your help !!!! can you call these guys for me or give me there number ? Any help would be great. Thanks Mark

No they are different, the 69 is all by itself when it comes the front grill. They have a different header pannel that has a raised lump in the center. you can switch the header toa 67 68 and use the grills from eather. I do have some parts to 69 grills after you find out just what you need I might have somethig to help you out. Post some pics when you get a chance. Tom

Mate, both sides are smashed to bits from a frontal , and I mean all the grills , lights indicators and chrome. I need all the pices, And Id be keen on any parts you have. I have not found out how to post some pics yet. Thanks Mark

Mate, both sides are smashed to bits from a frontal , and I mean all the grills , lights indicators and chrome. I need all the pices, And Id be keen on any parts you have. I have not found out how to post some pics yet. Thanks Mark

I'll be able to fix the "smashed to bits" stainless pieces if that will help.

just FYI - the 69 cuda grille outer surround is not stainless -as 4 repairing it - dont have any recommendations as it is chrome over pot metal - -- there is no stainless - on the 69 cuda grille surround - dont feel bahd -- as eye always thought the surround was plastic chromed - for reel plastic chromeing ie dash- arm rests ( will trade -your parts done )) etc - see- Chuck V - C.V. Vacuum Platers in MISSION BC CANADA - he has a chromers 2 do the pot metal -somewhere there in town -- cudanutz - -

just FYI - the 69 cuda grille outer surround is not stainless -as 4 repairing it - dont have any recommendations as it is chrome over pot metal - -- there is no stainless - on the 69 cuda grille surround - dont feel bahd -- as eye always thought the surround was plastic chromed - for reel plastic chromeing ie dash- arm rests ( will trade -your parts done )) etc - see- Chuck V - C.V. Vacuum Platers in MISSION BC CANADA - he has a chromers 2 do the pot metal -somewhere there in town -- cudanutz - -

I just straightened and polished a set of 67 or 68 grill surrounds and they were aluminum, maybe the 69 is different? I thought 67-69 were all somewhat the same in design and materials used.

I agree,Its because they make great wall art:toothy10:

Not fair man.

Teasing us with highly sought after Mopar grille-o'bilia pieces that you are using as wall art....shame, shame...
Man, only an E-body guy would be so brazen.(JoKe).

On a serious note.

You may have better luck changing out the header panel to a 67-68 barracuda as others have mentioned.
The 67's are still the most plentiful out there to find as far as header panels, grilles and headlight bezels go.

The black car is a 69, the orange one is a 67.
4-13.jpg

67, and 68's will fit eachother with little modifications, but the 69 will NOT fit the 67-68 header panels.

100_1772.jpg

Gold car is a 68........orange 67.
Note the small plymouth script on the 68, and long P L Y M O U T H across the header panel on the 67.

Not fair man.

Teasing us with highly sought after Mopar grille-o'bilia pieces that you are using as wall art....shame, shame...
Man, only an E-body guy would be so brazen.(JoKe).

On a serious note.

You may have better luck changing out the header panel to a 67-68 barracuda as others have mentioned.
The 67's are still the most plentiful out there to find as far as header panels, grilles and headlight bezels go.

The black car is a 69, the orange one is a 67.
4-13.jpg

67, and 68's will fit eachother with little modifications, but the 69 will NOT fit the 67-68 header panels.
I agree but I own a 71 Cuda and a 69 Cuda,so they are there till the cars are ready for them.I did sell him the set of grille plastic surrounds at the bottom of the last pic,but I think he still needs the pot metal chrome surrounds?Thats a great pic of your car spaz.

If you want something as close to 69, go with 67 as they are very similar in looks, I have a nice complete 67 set still mounted on the header panel if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back