69 cuda interior help

-

rjsam

Reaction score
I need some help with my interior colors on my 69 cuda fastback. Outside color is scorch red, vin reads R6 R6 H6R and R6. I did the dash in regatta red but I am not sure what the inside door colors should be and the trim inside and around the windows. Any help would be greatly appreiciated. The only other things I know are the carpet is red and headliner and seats are red. Thanks again Ron

I've never seen red mixed with any other color. Everything is red, just different hues and textures of the same shade. Good luck

that,s my problem, everything is red inside but I see different reds on different panels. Thanks

I need some help with my interior colors on my 69 cuda fastback. Outside color is scorch red, vin reads R6 R6 H6R and R6. I did the dash in regatta red but I am not sure what the inside door colors should be and the trim inside and around the windows. Any help would be greatly appreiciated. The only other things I know are the carpet is red and headliner and seats are red. Thanks again Ron

In 69 A-bodies the H6R bright red interiors are all red. BUT there are many shades of red. It's never one color. Every diffrenent material get a slightly differerent shade.

It looks stunning when done correctly. There should be a slight contrast between the metal dash (metal), pad/armrest (vacumm formed vinyl), kick panels/dash vents/a-pillar (ABS)

I'd try to find pictures of a nice original 69 or 70 Red interior A-body.

Different panels have difference levels of gloss. The dash and steering column were originally a very very flat color, originally achieved through a special additive to the paint. Today, you can achieve a very similar effect by adding flatting additive to the same paint code. The reflection of the light off the flat, gloss, and semi-gloss will provide different shades accordingly.

Ok, back to the different pieces. The top and bottom of the doors, the trim around the back windows and such are gloss. The fastback side panels (if you have standard interior) are more of a semi-gloss as well as the pillar trim. (Deluxe interior has carpet on the side panels). The trim that runs over both doors are the same semi-flat as the pillar trim and rear side panels. Kick panels and steering wheels were molded in the original color, so if you need to color them, I would suggest just a touch of flatting additive to the gloss version of your red.

Your vinyl, whether your have the red seat covers and door panels, or white, will all be the same shade of vinyl. If you are ordering them, order a complete set at one time so they use the same run of vinyl. There are some variances as they make more.

I've tried to see if I had some photos of an original fastback with red interior, but I don't. I do have sample photos of other colors (blues, black, and burgundy like my car, etc.). Let me know if I can send you anything that may help.

Pictures are worth a 1000 words... See if this helps.

69red2.jpg

69red.jpg

Rob
you have been very helpful, not sure if this is your car or you found these pictures but thanks either way. I would like to talk to you sometime. Thanks again Ron

-
Back