69 Cuda resto

-
OK, I'm back. The last year has been spent travelling alot. I need to find my new pics but here's an update:

We've got the interior in and the motor in and running. Unfortunately my paint job revealed some crappiness in our body work. We've realized we need to have someone finish up the body and paint for us. Oh well, we tried. That's all we have left though. Paint, glass and trim

That sounds wonderful...Just got my Dart back on the road after 3yrs of procrastination...man it sounds wicked...hope to hear yours soon...we live so close too

Brad

Ok, finally got my phone to download pictures again. Here we go.....
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1264.JPG
IMG_1265.JPG

looking great!!!! Your on the final stretch...............

Thanks for the update ! Your almost at the finish line. Keep chugging away at it and you will be behind the wheel soon enough.
Luke

Well we drove her the other day!!! No glass in but we wanted to make sure nothing was going to fall off or break in half. All is well. Man was it good to drive it, even if was only a mile in the neighborhood.

Congrats on you driving it! A great feeling.
One favor, please ditch the Edelbrock triangle foam air breather! They are a proven fire/death trap!
@halifaxhops is one member that has experienced this first hand and its not pretty.
Hate to see it happen again.

One favor, please ditch the Edelbrock triangle foam air breather! They are a proven fire/death trap!
@halifaxhops is one member that has experienced this first hand and its not pretty.

Agreed. I've seem some ugliness with that type of air cleaner. Throw it out so you're not even tempted to use it as a temp.

Btw: First time I've seen this thread. What a saga. Congrats on the progress!

that air cleaner is just on there to keep dirt out. It was in the trunk when we got the car. We'll be using the original air cleaner

Great job on your progress & congrats on taking that leap for your test drive. I bet you had all your fingers crossed. Did you shoot video of the drive?

amen to the foam air cleaner. it will eventually start breaking up, and let small pieces go down the intake, and may even mess ur carb. up. ask me how I know ! been there, done that!

I don't know if this will work but this MIGHT let you see the video

click on the link in the middle of the frame

So....something that has been bugging us for a long time.....there was a huge gap between the top of the vent windows and the window seal. We noticed it a couple of years ago and figured we'd worry about it later. Well, it's later and we sat for weeks trying to figure out how to bridge the gap. We thought we were going to have to cut the A-pillars down. My dad finally grabbed the service manual and wouldn't you know it...the vent windows are adjustable!! That problem solved we got some new hinges and the doors fir great. Got a new carb too. Edelbrock 650. It'll look perty. Hopefully paint will be coming soon. I have no idea what else needs to be done that would be keeping us from paint.

Well, it's been a while, all we've been doing is refining the body work BUT....SHE'S OFF TO THE PAINT SHOP!!!!!!!

842807-75e37e059c1aa5d26e81e79942f30eba.jpg

Should get her back the week after Thanksgiving, or so

IMG_2090.JPG

Well, I can't resist a sneak peek. The painter we found is awesome. Anyone in Southwest Ohio area should use this guy. He cleaned up the body work for us and you can tell he cares about what comes out of his shop. ANYWAYS, here's the first coat pics he sent us. She's is gonna be BEAUTIFUL!!!

cuda1.jpg

cuda2.jpg

Love B7 hope you like it as well. Long road for you, looking up!

just curious, did you keep the original rad support with the vin on it?

Well, I can't resist a sneak peek. The painter we found is awesome. Anyone in Southwest Ohio area should use this guy. He cleaned up the body work for us and you can tell he cares about what comes out of his shop. ANYWAYS, here's the first coat pics he sent us. She's is gonna be BEAUTIFUL!!!

View attachment 1715132563

View attachment 1715132564
DAM , that's starting to look familiar ! Mine is a little darker than urs tho. see avatar pic.

-
Back