IMG_2383.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

Looks good! It is so dreary weather wise In your pics, bet it pops in the full Sunlight.

Are the wheels painted in B5?

LOOKIN GREAT.......... B7 WAAAAAAAY better than B5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did i ever send you the pics of your car at the house of the guy that owned it in Mass?

Looks good! It is so dreary weather wise In your pics, bet it pops in the full Sunlight.

Are the wheels painted in B5?
Yes, when we first got the car we thought it was B-5 so we had the wheels painted. THEN we found out it was B-7. My dad was talking about painting the wheels but I think it looks good with them a little different color.

LOOKIN GREAT.......... B7 WAAAAAAAY better than B5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did i ever send you the pics of your car at the house of the guy that owned it in Mass?
Yea, I think you posted them on this thread

Yes, when we first got the car we thought it was B-5 so we had the wheels painted. THEN we found out it was B-7. My dad was talking about painting the wheels but I think it looks good with them a little different color.

Not for me on the wheels being B5 but I love B7 and will have have B7 steelies one day. There is So much metallic in it and it looks so different depending on lighting. Congrats!!

Last edited:
Pics from Mass, i was very interested in this car but would probably be dead rite now if i had brought home another one!!!!!!!!!! LOL I hope you fix it, a rare car, A56 'cuda 4spd. I have a twin with black interior console 4spd.
Dave, we have been stressing over stripe placement and then I remembered you poste these pics of our car!!! Thank you!!

Badging is on! Body Stripes are on! Screwed up the hood stripes so new ones are on order. Chrome and seals are on! I will post pics when she is done! Won't be long now!!!!

Thanks to all. To BobK....We would NEVER had even considered this had there not been aftermaket parts. Although we are doing a little fab work there is no way on god's green earth we could've accomplished ANY of this without new sheetmetal. Now if only we could get some EFFING FENDERS!!!!!!!!

Any whooooo......................this winter I started repairning the grill surrounds. I started with the typical glues and epoxies. I finally found some plastic epoxy that actually bonded the plastic chemically. It seemed to work pretty good so I went ahead and primed everything. As I was painting the grill surround snaps and smashes to the ground (it was hanging from one of the screw holes with a wire hanger) and snaps in half. I said to myself "self, what bad luck you have. Gosh darn it think of all the time wasted repairing that". At least I think that is what I said as I don't remember the next hour because I was blind with $%^king rage. I did notice though that the repaired areas were quite visible through the primer and the more I sanded to get them smooth the weaker the areas got and wouldn't stay bonded. I then had an idea and decided to see I could "weld" the pieces together using plastic from some other busted up inserts I have. It seems to have worked out great.

When I started I had an idea to help strengthen the repairs. At places that would be hidden by the chrome I drilled two small holes, at the tops and bottoms of the cracks, and threaded through some cotton string and tied it as tight as I could. My idea was that not only would the string help hold the pieces together but that the epoxy would soak into the thread to stiffen it up.

View attachment 1714605300

View attachment 1714605301

View attachment 1714605302

After the fiasco in the paint booth I decided to try to weld the pieces together. The first thing I did was get the tip of a screwdriver scorching hot.

View attachment 1714605303

I then melted a trough half way through the plastic along both sides of the crack and then filled the trough with plastic from another surround

View attachment 1714605304

View attachment 1714605305

I then sanded everything down, added some epoxy on the surface to fill low spots and sanded again. Bet you wish I had some pics of them finished don't cha? Well, maybe next time. The surrounds aren't here. I'll get some pics of them this weekend when I'm over working on the car.

I actually taped and splinted the pieces of mine together on the face sides to hold the cracks tightly together, and then brushed methyl ethyl keytone MEK into the back side of the cracks. It melts the plastic, and rejoins it together. Makes a bond as sttong as original plastic. I used an aluminum based jb weld epoxy to fill in missing pieces, and the thin areas above the headlight eyebrows i bent some .016" thick stainless steel into right angles and bonded them to the back sides of surrounds w JB weld. I believe i have pix of my repairs w JB weld and MEK on fabo in mopar interiors thread (how do you glue these back on ?). I added to the thread with my grille surround repairs with mek and jb weld. Fixed broken A pillar trim this way too. Check it out. Lots of work but more solid way of fixing the cracks by melting original material back together than using regular epoxies.

Last edited:
I actually taped and splinted the pieces of mine together on the face sides to hold the cracks tightly together, and then brushed methyl ethyl keytone MEK into the back side of the cracks. It melts the plastic, and rejoins it together. Makes a bond as sttong as original plastic. I used an aluminum based jb weld epoxy to fill in missing pieces, and the thin areas above the headlight eyebrows i bent some .016" thick stainless steel into right angles and bonded them to the back sides of surrounds w JB weld. I believe i have pix of my repairs w JB weld and MEK on fabo in mopar interiors thread (how do you glue these back on ?). I added to the thread with my grille surround repairs with mek and jb weld. Fixed broken A pillar trim this way too. Check it out. Lots of work but more solid way of fixing the cracks by melting original material back together than using regular epoxies.

Where did you get the MEK? I didn't think you could get it anymore. I remember washing my hands in it back in '89 in the Air Force. Any way, I, like you, just came up with a way to fix it. It sounds like yours were in a lot worse shape than mine. I still have a bunch of grille pieces parts and I'll try your way to make them come together. Thanks for the advice.

They were pretty bad. You can buy MEK at lowes. I posted pix of mine and hoe i pieced em together on the thread i previously mentioned. Go take a look.

MEK at Lowes?? Do they call it that? Got a pic of the can?

I dont spend alot of time on the Forum, this is the first time I have seen this thread. All I have to say is Dam!!

Got the badging and stripes on! Man, it's amazing how much those stripes make the car pop. Crappy garage pics but once we get her washed and waxed and outside I'll post the 'finished' pictures. Six and a half long years, self doubt and doubt from others down the drain!

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

Last edited:
Car looks great concidering everything its been through. 67 fender badging?

Looks like 69 but painted black inset instead of factory plain Jain. I had done that before for more pop on the car when painted A4. Stripped it when I returned to original B7. It looks good either way!

Looks awesome. That's 69 script. 67 has the long tail on the last "a"
I have a pr.of NOS scripts and 1 is black inside and the other is all chrome.
Beautiful color and stripes!

-
Back