69 Cuda resto

-
AF Bill and Dad/Son,
Did you find any fenders yet?
I may have some more grille parts; need any?
Tom Hand

AF Bill and Dad/Son,
Did you find any fenders yet?
I may have some more grille parts; need any?
Tom Hand

I think we have enough fenders to make a set. We have 3 sets all in varying states of disrepair that we should be able to turn into a usable set. The grille parts I am interested in. Let me know what you have. Thanks

This is one of my favorite rebuild threads. Looking forward to more progress pics.
Luke

OK.....sort of. We mocked up the transmission to ensure we located the 4-speed hump correctly. There is some fore and aft adjustment on the tranny but we just tried to center it as best as possible, installed the shifter, put on the hump and took a WAG as to what would be its best location.

View attachment IMG_0974.jpg

My phone promptly died after taking this pic soooooo.......no more pics from today but we DID get the hump welded in. With that the interior is just about done and ready for some paint. All that's left is welding in a few small odds and ins. Oh, not to mention a LOT of seam sealing!

Here's an update of what we've done on the Dart. The rood has been fitted and ready for spot welding, got the dash out to clean and restore and it looks like I need another heater box

Sorry, posted on the wrong thread

and a SW gauge circa 1968 or sometime shortly after

Sorry, posted on the wrong thread

Well, with some warm weather it's time to start working again. Today we started to weld the right side quarter patch.

Did things a little smarter this time. If you look close you can see some copper looking stuff in the gap between the panels. That, my friends, is TIG rod. I was hoping it would help prevent blow through and it did a GREAT job. Just tapped pieces on the back side in the gap.

View attachment IMG_1198.jpg

View attachment IMG_1200.jpg

Will be out of town next weekend but the car working season is upon us!!! And, since we can start flying in civilian status again I will be racking up comp time to use to work on the car. Hopefully we'll be ready for paint this summer/fall.

Well, we started laying on some body filler. It's starting to make some ugly things look nice. I did take a little step back, though. When I went to put in the tail light it wouldn't fit and I realized that the quarter had moved in while welding so I had to drill out a few welds to bump the quarter out. Oh, well....if that's the biggest mistake we make than we've done a pretty good job!! Also got the right side quarter welded in at the rear......yes I made sure the tail light fit.

View attachment DSC01452.jpg

View attachment DSC01453.jpg

View attachment DSC01454.jpg

View attachment DSC01455.jpg

View attachment DSC01456.jpg

View attachment DSC01457.jpg

View attachment DSC01458.jpg

the B7 A56 Cuda will live again!!!!

Just got back my B7 fastback 383S this week. Hard at work putting her back together keep moving on and best of luck to get to the Finish line!

Got the passenger side door in.......IT FITS!!!!! After all we've done the car is actually gonna fit together. I forgot my phone and my camera so no pics.............HA!!!

I'll get some tomorrow

Well are some pics from the progress the last couple of days. The passenger side door gave us quite a scare as it didn't seem like it was going to fit AT ALL! We really thought we were going to have to do something drastic like rework the front end. Anyways after jerking with it for a while we finally found the sweet spot. Also got the seat belt nut plates installed and trial fitted a fender

View attachment DSC01478.jpg

View attachment DSC01479.jpg

View attachment DSC01480.jpg

View attachment DSC01481.jpg

View attachment DSC01482.jpg

View attachment DSC01483.jpg

View attachment DSC01484.jpg

A few more odds and ends in the interior and the inside will be ready for some paint

Awsome love the flags and thax for your service!

RUBBED IT W/ ALUM. FOIL ? never heard that , splain it to me ,please!----bob:coffee2:

My dad saw on the show "American Restoration" to rub tarnished and pitted chrome with a piece of balled up alluminum foil. It took all the small dark pits out. The bigger ones, probably from rocks, didn't come out but the small dark ones did.

-
Back