69 dart GTS decode !

-
I was thinking that too. If it was a W25 it should be after the V codes. Probably they guy punching the plate used the W thinking it was an M.....although I don't see any wide sill moldings on the car in the photo.
Almost all 69 GTS's had the sill moldings, they were only about 3/4" wide and hard to find until the repop's came out. Most people use the Camaro moldings which are more of a bull nose than arrow shape and a little bit shorter. But quite a few were "restored" without them, probably what happened here...

This is a legit fender tag from a 69 GTS convertible with 340 and A4 Speed. I don’t believe any GTS has left without the rocker molding. I also question the production order number with the letter B not sure if that’s correct never seen a letter before. That tag looks awful fresh.

IMG_3149.jpeg

This is a legit fender tag from a 69 GTS convertible with 340 and A4 Speed. I don’t believe any GTS has left without the rocker molding. I also question the production order number with the letter B not sure if that’s correct never seen a letter before. That tag looks awful fresh.

View attachment 1716122563
Like I said above, the OP's fender tag is bogus...

I was thinking that too. If it was a W25 it should be after the V codes. Probably they guy punching the plate used the W thinking it was an M.....although I don't see any wide sill moldings on the car in the photo.
Couple questions sir seeing you seem to know your way around codes? I have an M25 wide sill moldings in my fender tag but for the life of me I have no idea what that description refers to? Secondly where would one find a code that states car came with fenderwell/rocker panel moldings? My car is a 69 GTS and I have no idea whether they were stock from the factory with the GTS option or if they would have had to be ordered?

Couple questions sir seeing you seem to know your way around codes? I have an M25 wide sill moldings in my fender tag but for the life of me I have no idea what that description refers to? Secondly where would one find a code that states car came with fenderwell/rocker panel moldings? My car is a 69 GTS and I have no idea whether they were stock from the factory with the GTS option or if they would have had to be ordered?
M25 is the code for rocker mouldings, these run below the door along the rockers from front back dog leg of front fender to close tho the front of the rear wheel opening.

M25 is 69-71 body sill moldings, nothing to suggest wide. To my knowledge 67 dart GT came with a wide sill moulding, a 68 GTS sill moldings were an option and 69 GTS they were standard equipment. I believe on a 68 fender tag it will show if they were chosen. 69 as standard equipment not shown on fender tag. Again 69 GTS would come standard equipped with wheel opening moldings along with sill moldings at no additional cost.(included in the GTS package). Hope this helps.

Couple questions sir seeing you seem to know your way around codes? I have an M25 wide sill moldings in my fender tag but for the life of me I have no idea what that description refers to? Secondly where would one find a code that states car came with fenderwell/rocker panel moldings? My car is a 69 GTS and I have no idea whether they were stock from the factory with the GTS option or if they would have had to be ordered
Looks like that's been answered.....

M25 is 69-71 body sill moldings, nothing to suggest wide. To my knowledge 67 dart GT came with a wide sill moulding, a 68 GTS sill moldings were an option and 69 GTS they were standard equipment. I believe on a 68 fender tag it will show if they were chosen. 69 as standard equipment not shown on fender tag. Again 69 GTS would come standard equipped with wheel opening moldings along with sill moldings at no additional cost.(included in the GTS package). Hope this helps.
Well looks like I'm wrong . I checked my fender tag on my 69 GTS and M25 is there loud and clear. Nothing for wheel opening moldings ? Sorry for any confusion.

67 to 69 dart GT trim....

67 fender top edge
(Wrong hood for a 67)
Screenshot_20230928-220035.png

68 followed the lower body line that went front to back just over each wheel well

Screenshot_20230928-215907.png

69 just under the fender top.

Screenshot_20230928-215817.png

-
Back