69 Dart Hemi Swap

-
Really I’m just messing with you. For a driver, drag n drive car you’re doing the right thing. The appeal of a quiet, full exhaust turbo car has always intrigued me but I just can’t stick a muffler behind one knowing how easily it can kill a bunch of power. Use a good straight through set of mufflers and free flowing mandrel bent tubing and you’ll be fine.
I figured you were. I did have the same kind of mind set but I went to rocky mountain race week here at the local drag strip back in Sept and there was a guy from Canada that drove a 69 dart 6.4 with twins and a 5 speed that went 8.98@153mph through air filters and mufflers so at that point after a long conversation with him and his buddy, I decided to do the same thing. I am sure it would go faster with out but I'll just stick with the plan and see how it pans out. I know the car won't be near that fast with the current motor and turbo set up, but I'm hoping to squeak into the 9's at some point. I do have a 6.4 block on the stand that will make its way into the car eventually.

I figured you were. I did have the same kind of mind set but I went to rocky mountain race week here at the local drag strip back in Sept and there was a guy from Canada that drove a 69 dart 6.4 with twins and a 5 speed that went 8.98@153mph through air filters and mufflers so at that point after a long conversation with him and his buddy, I decided to do the same thing. I am sure it would go faster with out but I'll just stick with the plan and see how it pans out. I know the car won't be near that fast with the current motor and turbo set up, but I'm hoping to squeak into the 9's at some point. I do have a 6.4 block on the stand that will make its way into the car eventually.
That's quite a "street car"!!:thumbsup: And I approve!!

-
Back