69 gts restoration

-
12) install the front slide support. Note that the post for the guide goes behind the support. I made that mistake and looked for a nut for a little bit before I realized it...

Thats it. you now have your quarter window regulator installed. Next I will adjust the quarter window to mate properly with the door window and to go into the window seal correctly.

20 installing front guide support 02.jpg

21 regulator installed 02.jpg

Neat! One more thing I learned from FABO! :cheers:. I love your GTS and never have seen one like it

Those rear 1/4 window regulators are always a PITA. That section on the window hardware install will be a great help to many. Excellent play by play!

So I am finishing my carpet install no pics yet. I just put in the rear seat bottom and hear -scratch--scratch- in the quarter window area. I look and it's a darn field mouse! The damn thing has already started tearing up the jute under the carpet. It isn't even been in the car for two days! Needless to say there is one less field mouse in the world. Thought it was a bit commical in some strange way.

Car looks awsome... that is the color combo my Dart will eventually be. B5 with the black top... Going with a custom painted stripe on mine, and the hood will be blacked out (just a personal touch I like) ... I can wait to see your car done

I have a 69 in a body shop for almost 2 years now. They always put off my car for insurance jobs. I had both rear skins replaced and if there is a problem with the tail lights, they can correct it.
Mine is a 270 Dart but I will add stripes to the rear and a 340 I have to replace the 273 that came in it. 318 when I got it.
I want to ask if the B5 paint has metaflake in it. I bought my paint over a year ago ( and delivered it to the shop ) and when they opened the cans ( sat on the shelf for over a year ), it appears to have metaflake in the top of the can. I've got to take the paint back and ask questions.
I was under the impression that it was a straight color.
Any info for me?

Sorry for the late response Tarr.. B5 is a very metalic paint it actuall needs to be put on as if it were a pearl paint. I unfortunately have been finding this kind of thing out because of the above mess that I got myself into.

DarTT no my car was never a police car. The first picture in the post is from the original body shop I had the car at. My car was back burnered because of a police car and they didn't have a place to put the lights so my car became shelf storage.. I acutally thought that it looked kinda funny that is why it is included. Good observation though you are the first person to ask about that.

Well on the resotration note.. I have almost finished with the headliner. All the bows are in and the front and rear are clipped. Working on the sail panel area today and see how that goes. Will post pictures when done if anyone is interested. Was going to put up a step by step but found one in an old article from mopar muscle magazine.

From what I understand B5 has a silver metallic and QQ1 has a blue metallic.

From what I have seen that is correct.. My Car is a very deep blue with a very heavy silver metalic. I will take a picture tonight close up with lighting to show what it looks like..

This is a great looking car man! As far as different paint techniques the first painter must have been pretty lacking on skill. Personally " metallic " paints don't take any special techniques or skill. I have painted hundreds of metallic paints in the shops and have seen very few issues with them. As long as you have an experience painter it will be a cake walk. Glad you got it re painted by a painter with skill! Looks GREAT!

Nice lookin car man. I just read the window regulator how to, and I'll be needing this for my Dart, Thank you!

Well The headliner is in.. That was a big job. It took me about 3 nights 3hours a piece to finally get the darn thing done. I will be putting the rest of the interior panels in today and see how it goes. I will be taking pictures later today..

Well there has been some progress on the car. Heater box is refurbished all the gaskets are in. Rear seats are in all the panels and arm rests I will take pictures later and post next post will be a big upload.. Until next time.

Ok sorry no updates recently been really discusted with the project as of late. I had restored the heater box and as I was putting it in the blower motor tore out of the housing and broke the outer casing.. This is a result of the fiberglass being very brittle due to age. I had to learn how to fiberglass and now after many nights finished it a second time.

I then started to put the housing back in only to take it right back out again because I noticed that the paint on the firewall was actually starting to peel off.. UGGHHHHH Now I needed to strip the whole firewall and start from scratch on it. The original paint I found was not removed and there was very little if any prep done to remove the grease and oil from the firewall. I have since stripped it and repainted it. Boy what a big job..

The good news is the interior minus the dash and the front seats is in the car.. I just finished restoring the stearing column and replacing all the bearings in it. That will be going back in as soon as I finish with the stearing box.

Enough with my moaning here are some pictures of the current progress. I will update when I have more.. Sorry about the quality they are from my phone and not to great.. I will take better ones the next time I am working on it..

Wow awesome job on your Dart!! Sorry for the problems you had but its that much more perfect now.

BTW does anyone know if the armrests are on the wrong sides... It has been so long since the car has been together I don't seem to remember. There isn't a left or right on them so I am not sure..

I wasn't sure thanks they will be swapped tonight when I get home.. I do have one more question.

I am putting the steering wheel back on the column and noticed I needed a horn switch. After dry fitting the switch I realized that I think I need a spacer between the horn ring and the switch itself. Is this true? and if so does someone have a picture of what it looks like so that I can make one. I have access to a machine shop that helps out greatly with little things like this..

Thanks in advance..

Andy

Great job on your GTS Dart. Love the B5 with the Black Top. I have almost the twin to your car except I have B3 interior. Keep up the awesome work.

-
Back