69 valiant 275/60-15

-

LS1 ACE

Reaction score
Disclaimer: really large pics, don't know how to resize.

Hi there folks. I did a ton of searches on here trying to figure out if a 275/60 tire would fit in the stock wheel wells of the valiant. Eventually figured out they would fit but couldn't get a sure answer on what backspace would work, did some measuring and came up with 4.5 bs. So for you valiant guys, fattest tire in stock wheelwell with offset spring kit is: 15x8 wheel with 4.5 backspace wrapped in 275/60's!

They fit well, as soon as I relocate the springs with the 1/2 offset kit and roll the lips they will fit perfect!

Here are the pics. Do you guys think it looks better with the chrome dish on the fronts or without? I think im going to paint the front wheels flat black by the way, don't like the gloss. Comments or suggestions welcome guys/gals thanks!

12-18-09.jpg

12-18-09v5.jpg

12-18-09v8.jpg

Hard to see the front wheels. Are those rallyes painted black?!? I like them better without the trim.

Nice job on the big meats on the back!!

trim rings would be the look I like. Car is looking good ,Lawrence

Hard to see the front wheels. Are those rallyes painted black?!? I like them better without the trim.

Nice job on the big meats on the back!!

Thanks! It is difficult to see the front wheels, bad picture as it was getting dark. They are rallyes. :)

I like the way your car sits. That's a good stance, IMOP.

I like the way the car sits right now too. Unfortunately, it sits that low because it has no torsion bars :toothy5: Once they go in along with the rear springs (split monos) hopefully it will still look good!

How close are you to the springs right now?

The tires are actually just barely touching the springs right now. Need to offset the springs 1/2 and inch and it will be perfect.

I've got one vote for wheels with trim and one for wheels without it, cmon i need more votes! I can't seem to make up my mind. :/

So, now you've got 2 votes 'with' and 2 votes 'without'. Let me break the current tie by saying 'with'.
I think you need a little 'flash' on the wheels.

I think it looks best with the trims as well ocdart. So for now, the trim stays. Thanks for the opinions guys, and hopefully this post helps out current and future valiant owners!

Thanks for the info. When it comes time to move the springs on my Valiant now I know exactly what to get.

Thanks
Andy

How wide is your rear diff, where do you get the offset hangers, and does anybody know if that size of tire would fit in a 73 Swinger?

The rear end is a standard a body with actuall bbp axles. The rear brakes will be disc, and im not sure if the tires will fit in a 73 swinger but i dont see why they wouldn't. Just have to measure, measure, and measure some more! The offset kit i got off summit.

W/O.....as the Hansen brothers answered when they were hitting the tour bus with axes in "Slapshot"......"Why are you doing that"......"Making it look MEAN!"

The rear end is a standard a body with actuall bbp axles. The rear brakes will be disc, and im not sure if the tires will fit in a 73 swinger but i dont see why they wouldn't. Just have to measure, measure, and measure some more! The offset kit i got off summit.

I am trying to figure out why your tires are right up against the springs???
I own a '71 duster,stock width A body 8 3/4,big bolt axles,big brakes. I ran a set of 8 inch weld draglites with 4 1/2 inch backspace and 275/60-15 tires. I had at least 1/2 clearance to the leaf springs.

My 69 Valiant 100 has 295/50/15's BFG TA's on it, with stock wheel wells and stock width A body 8.75, but with the MP "1.5" relocation kit...actual ride height will determine whether they rub or not...I can't say because mine is a long way from being driveable. it rolls around the garage pretty well.
15X8.5 Centerline Auto drags and stock V8 leaf springs. Unrolled lips..so far.
My axles are 5X4.5, Moser cut down C Body axles in an A body housing. Brakes are 11X3, I think. It's been awhile..
I'm hoping the economy improves so it can progress this summer!
Yours is looking good, I hope to see it here when it's done.
Alan

On the subject of style... did you think about trying chrome Lugs? Those would stand out nicely and go with the bumpers so its not like they wouldnt match anything?:-D

-
Back