6pakattack Time

-
assumed you were running an old one... even the original gears give out after enough abuse...

I have to laugh,I had bought a MP 528/276 cam for one of my other slant 6 builds !The cam gear took a major **** while cruizing one day. When I pulled it apart,would you believe not only was there nothing wrong with the Oil Pump Gear,but the Neoprene Distributor gear was intact without even a scratch !! But I've never had any type of problem with my oil pump gears (and I've built 3 /6's)!!!The 2 previous /'s I went with Melling Oil Pumps if that matters !!!

I have to laugh,I had bought a MP 528/276 cam for one of my other slant 6 builds !The cam gear took a major **** while cruizing one day. When I pulled it apart,would you believe not only was there nothing wrong with the Oil Pump Gear,but the Neoprene Distributor gear was intact without even a scratch !! But I've never had any type of problem with my oil pump gears (and I've built 3 /6's)!!!The 2 previous /'s I went with Melling Oil Pumps if that matters !!!

hmm... well i figured its something i would rather not test if you know what i mean!!!!

"SCORE"!!!!! Finally,after numerous attempts, I have finally acquired a HYPER PAK intake manifold (Clifford),along with a solid lifter cam,springs,retainers and keepers !!As well as a set of Clifford Headers too !! I'm worn out tonight,so I'll try and get some pics tomorrow !! :blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

"SCORE"!!!!! Finally,after numerous attempts, I have finally acquired a HYPER PAK intake manifold (Clifford),along with a solid lifter cam,springs,retainers and keepers !!As well as a set of Clifford Headers too !! I'm worn out tonight,so I'll try and get some pics tomorrow !! :blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:

That's great news!!! Let's see what that bad boy looks like! Do you have a carb yet???

No pics right now,it's getting a face lift !! As for the carb,I've got 2 carbs right now,a 390 that came with the goody box,and a 600 that I was planning on using before !!!

A few pics of the progress on my Dart !!

IMG_0311-1.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

And a couple of my New Intake !!

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

what cam?? all clifford stuff?

Yeah,now if I could just light a fire under the guy putting my engine together !!:D

Maybe he can share some of that little blue flame with your powder coater. I heard she's pretty backed up with the winter rush. :)-D Got your PM and you're moving up! There's still a few ahead of you though.)

Can't wait to see this build through! It's going to be awesome.

what cam?? all clifford stuff?

I do have a Clifford 447/?? cam,but I purchased an Erson Cam 562/250 if my memory serves me right (CRS Disease) !!So I'll just waite till the final assembly to decide which way I'll be going !! But I now have a set of Clifford Headers also,giving me 3 different combos to choose from !!

Another step closer !!Crank,rods and pistons will be headed out next week to get balanced ! This week I should find out what my true compression is with the current head,then we'll be rechecking when I get the one from Frank !!Which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks !!blob::blob::blob:

Another step closer !!Crank,rods and pistons will be headed out next week to get balanced ! This week I should find out what my true compression is with the current head,then we'll be rechecking when I get the one from Frank !!Which hopefully will be in a couple of weeks !!blob::blob::blob:

Are the pistons you have flat top? How deep in the hole they?

Are the pistons you have flat top? How deep in the hole they?

Yes they are flat tops Bill,still waiting for the guy to get it put together to find those answers for me !!He should have that info towards the end of the week,which will also help me decide if I want to go ahead and shave the head for more compression or not !! If everything goes as planned,I should be hooking up with Frank in Ocala March 14-15 and hopefully pick up my other head from him !! Still have a couple of thoughts running through my head as to which way (NA or ?:evil2:),but I want to get those other numbers before I make a decision !!

Almost forgot,I've also got a New set of AMD Bumpers headed my way !!Triple plated too !!:blob:

Yeah, you rich guys always do it right! We had to paint ours...:angry7:

I got a quote from my local Chrome shop to straighten and rechrome (3 stage) $1,013,and a 10 week turn around period !!! I don't F'n think so !! How about $529 to my door for both front and rear ?? And I still have my cores !! I thought it was too good a deal to pass up ! I know,they're probably Chinese,don't know didn't care ! Maybe when I start hearing them call me ahhshole,then I'll cut them up and get some fiberglass ones !! I know who makes those !!

I got a quote from my local Chrome shop to straighten and rechrome (3 stage) $1,013,and a 10 week turn around period !!! I don't F'n think so !! How about $529 to my door for both front and rear ?? And I still have my cores !! I thought it was too good a deal to pass up ! I know,they're probably Chinese,don't know didn't care ! Maybe when I start hearing them call me ahhshole,then I'll cut them up and get some fiberglass ones !! I know who makes those !!

I repeat; "Yeah, you rich guys always do it right! We had to paint ours...":angry7:

Maybe someday, when my ship comes in (I am pretty sure it sank...)

Those are gonna look GREAT.

Yeah; I'm jealous as hell... :angryfir:

But I wouldn't have been happy with myself had I not gone with different bumpers !!! The original owner had Dings in places that cars shouldn't have dings !! Almost looks like he at one time or another put foglights on the bumpers !!

But I wouldn't have been happy with myself had I not gone with different bumpers !!! The original owner had Dings in places that cars shouldn't have dings !! Almost looks like he at one time or another put foglights on the bumpers !!

But, but, but.... down the road, when you get tired of running 13's with that thing, and finally decode you REALLY NEED 400+ horsepower (G) it's gonna be tough to saw that new bumper to make room for the intercooler... LOL!

Attachments

• 100_3617.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 239
But, but, but.... down the road, when you get tired of running 13's with that thing, and finally decode you REALLY NEED 400+ horsepower (G) it's gonna be tough to saw that new bumper to make room for the intercooler... LOL!

LMFAO Bill !!! Then I'll just get a fiberglass one and lighten the badd boy up !!!I'm waiting to see what the final numbers come in at,hopefully this week !! Hopefully I'll be hooking up with Frank towards the middle/end of this week in Ocala to pick up the head he's got for me !!! THEN,I'll be better off on my decision !! One set up I've always had a fascination with is the STS Turbo ! I know it works in numerous other applications,I may just have to dig a little further !!

http://ststurbo.com/bolt_on_turbo_systems

-
Back