7 Blade Fan with Clutch Slant 6

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the same boat as you and will likely just get a flex fan and build a shroud. I was under the impression that there isn't enough room for a clutch fan. If you find out otherwise please post up.

In a car there is not enough room for a clutch. I am running a 7 blade fan in both the 66 and the 73 slant darts with no problems. In my slant powered 69 D100 I am running a V8 7 blade fan with a clutch due to a crapload of room. The truck came with one of those crappy flex fans that like to come apart, that was the first thing I took out!

My factory air /6 Duster has a 7 blade fixed. I never thought about it before but a clutch fan probably won't fit like the guys say.

Chuck

I think I have the fan you want. Off a S6 has no clutch 7 blades. I will get a picture tomorrow.

i can get ahold of a clutch unit that is 2.5" long from mounting flange to front of clutch. i need to get my new rad in to see if it will fit and let u know!!

Ok let us know how it goes. Be careful to have clearance in front of the fan for the motor to move, I heard one person installed a clutch and the fan destroyed the radiator when he tomped on the gas...the motor mounts move in the rubber..I know that there was a clutch that was installed on the slant 6, my parts list shows it...I think many of the clutches are from V8 blocks..and are longer..the slant 6 is a longer motor. Also the slant 6 had a 8 blade fan, that had a pitch of only 1/2 and the V8 had a pitch of 2 inches or more...so it took up more space.

I just bought a new 7 blade with clutch for my 410 in my 66 Dart.It is about 2 1/2 inches thick.The shaft from base to clutch is very short.Good luck with your search,they,re out there.

Ok, I found a NOS fan for the slant 6 with air. It is a special fan that has a small pitch to the blades (1/2 pitch) with 7 blades. It does not mount with a clutch, it bolts to the water pump pully just like the 4 blade fan I have now. Thanks for all the help everyone who contacted me.
Eric

Ok, I found a NOS fan for the slant 6 with air. It is a special fan that has a small pitch to the blades (1/2 pitch) with 7 blades. It does not mount with a clutch, it bolts to the water pump pully just like the 4 blade fan I have now. Thanks for all the help everyone who contacted me.
Eric

i have one of those on my 73 /6 with air. have u ever heard a prop plane take off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back