70 340 with solid lifter valvetrain??????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
is this suppodes to be factory? the 340 in the dart has solid lifters with adjustable rockers?

if you are talking about that block only, it said .010, i have the crank that came out of it too, and it is in good shape

Could be TA heads maybe. Are the pushrods offset?

no they are not offset. here is a pic of the heads. they are j- heads. with double springs, and looks to be bigger than 2:02 valves. i did not know you could put bigger than 2:02 valves. the set of x-heads i got, the valves are so much farther from one another than these.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 004.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 285
Yeah I think you can get a max of 2.05 in x heads.

Most places back cut and round down to a 2.05 though a 2.08 is supposssed to fit. LOL IDK, haven't been there yet.

Looks like 273 adjustables. I had some on my 340 for a long time and they were excellent. I put on a set of Crane roller tips as a replacement and saw not a single differnece in my ET or MPH.

Yeah I think you can get a max of 2.05 in x heads.

I have a set of X heads with 2.08 intakes. The old Direct Connection premium valves. I had them installed when I went through the heads. Things get pretty tight with 2.08's. I don't know if they are worth it or not, they are still on the shelf, wrapped in plastic.

yea, there is like no gap in between the intake and exaust valve. almost touching.

so i think these are a good setup heads to use.....?

There shouldn't be an issue. You'll not notice any short comings due to a cam to small for it. For the most part really. Are you giving it a stout solid cam?

Unless your pushing a lot of power I think 2.02 will do just fine

I was gonna say those valves look awfully close! Are these the heads outta the dart, or the other 340 where you are selling the block?

well, the engine that these heads came off of was built by ed miller out in chesapeek va, and supposingly was 500 +/- h.p.

i just posted another thread to figure out what piston that are in it, as they would be horribly high compression. i want a street monster, not a track car. so we will see

if you guys could look at my other thread, and look at the pistons/numbers to see if you know what they are..........lol

There shouldn't be an issue. You'll not notice any short comings due to a cam to small for it. For the most part really. Are you giving it a stout solid cam?

it was a fully rebuilt engine, then the guy died, and the car sat for 7 years without ever going to the track. had like 400 street miles on it. it has a cam already in it, but i do not have the specs on it. cam also looks to be brand new, and no wear patteren on it yet

Link to the other thread?

Use it as is and see what she's got!

yea, but i daily drive my duster, and i am afraid that i will not be able to run pump gas in it with this engine.

i do not know how to link a post, but the heading is" what the heck, 18:1 compression pistons?"

well, the engine that these heads came off of was built by ed miller out in chesapeek va, and supposingly was 500 +/- h.p.

i just posted another thread to figure out what piston that are in it, as they would be horribly high compression. i want a street monster, not a track car. so we will see

I would have those checked very carefully. I had a 340 built by him years ago. It's lifespan was less than 300 miles. Beware!!

none of them have never blown up?

could of said ever.lol

but yeah none so far.

Now I have fk'd up my own stuff before with crummy parts like a mopar distributor that had poor cap/rotor phasing and that took out 2 piston skirts [no.5 twice before I figured it out...

and funny enough...on my own stuff the machine shop [drunken cylinder head guy] frapped off the valve job...out of round they were on my 410.

-
Back