70 challenger for sale/ rough, but $1800.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm posting this for a buddy.
He's located in Dallas Georgia.

It's a 70' 318 challenger/ auto/ console shift / no rear end.

Contact my buddy at [email protected]

He's asking $1800 o/bo.

Would make a cool tube chassis car unless you are a body wizard. This car has seen it's fair share of rust, but the right expert could make it right.

My buddy could very easily scrap this car, but Mopars are too important to him to cut it up as he would rather try to find a good home for it if possible.

challenger7.jpg

challenger6.jpg

challenger5.jpg

challenger4.jpg

challenger3.jpg

challenger2.jpg

challenger1.jpg

DuDe, this car is worth about $100. You would have to dump, and I mean dump huge monbey to get her back.
Once you strip it and blast it, 3 times the rust will pop up. Not that it is unsaveable, but it's a job for a slave or the retardly well paid.

that car WILL sell i guarantee it!! he will get every bit of 1800 if not more!! check some out...

I think the price is a little high. Not terrible for what the market will bare. I couldn't pay that much as I prefer the cuda ebody. I am purchasing one in about that shape for 600 here real soon. That is what I would pay for that car but I am a cheap *** some would say. I just purchased a 70 cuda for a ridiculous price and the car has more rust than this one with the exception of the frame rails. Good luck. If he decides to scrap it I will pay more than what they will give him. Let me know if that is the case. thanks

I'll stick with A-body. I agree with those who say it will sell though.
The guys at Goodmark and YearOne need to eat too and probably like steak as much as any of us. The E-body lover who can afford to feed those guys will. He has my best wishes. :)

That thing looks rougher then a night in jail. However NOTHING these days is to far gone to save.

Really to me it looks like another case of , not for sale I'm gonna restore it, not for sale I'm gonna restore it, not for sale I'm gonna restore it. OOOPS I guess I should have sold it cause it's way to far gone now and I don't have the skills to fix all that rust. Wow look at what these are going for at Barrett Jackson, somebody should be begging me to buy it for way to much money now. :)

I'll give him scrap price + 10% ... I know scrap prices so that is about $250 or so.

Yeha somebody will buy it at his price, drop a hemi in it and try to sell it for millions.

end of rant

TopHat

:angel7:There are no bad Mopars,only bad mechanics..Salvation is always possible! (except for the completely damned and Fords.)Of course some of us have more than a few dents and scratches,and Waaay more miles on the odometer than we'd like to admit,but we wouldn't want to be thrown on the scrap pile! Have faith brothers and sisters! Save as many as you can!

I sold this one.
It was a R/T car, but in alot worse condition.
It set outside by a pond for many years.

me5.JPG

Yup, expensive and rusty but it will sell. Dont yell at him, its not his car.

Yup, expensive and rusty but it will sell. Dont yell at him, its not his car.

Yeah, what he said, don't kill the messenger here.

Man, after some of those replies, one would swear I posted on Moparts.

Like I mentioned earlier, it is rough, would take alot of wizardry and could make an easier tube chassis car.

My buddy does have a couple guys scrapping over it as we speak.
I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend, but everyone is right. It's jusnk that will sell soone or later for the overkill price listed, if not more.

ya... its just one of those things that if someone has the time or money to do it other words and older man with time thats looking to sell it after would purchase it

Never meant to offend either. It is very true that "one man gathers what another man spills"

TopHat

For my part, I looked for a foot in the mouth.
But this is as good as I could find.:tongue9: (insert foot here)

I don’t know what everyone else’s issue is but mine is that I think A bodies are under rated and I am “jealous” of all the attention E bodies get.
Not jealous of the car mind you.
But I just think the A body is the “better” all around car.
Dollar for dollar it seems that is what most buyers thought based on numbers.
If it was a 70 318 Dart what would he ask?
At any rate, at least you listed the car here. Good move
And you gave a price. “Pity the fool” that doesn’t do that here.
Save the Mopars. Especially A bodies.
Bump for good measure.

I don’t know what everyone else’s issue is but mine is that I think A bodies are under rated and I am “jealous” of all the attention E bodies get.
Bump for good measure.

Dude, A bodies are the last affordable Mopars. Don't let that cat out the bag.

TopHat

Bump for good measure.

If it were a 70 dart with a 318, I think he would keep it.
I guess I should have listed this post as an opinion poll, not a for sale ad.
Geesh.
Hey guys, keep in mind that the price is $1800 (or best offer).
So if he gets a few guys interested, someone may come out of it for much less than listed.
Can't take everything at face value, hint, hint.

not everyone, just some...so thats; SOME OF Y`ALL...not all y`all...
seriously! the car is 38 years old. they won`t be making any more of them! there are parts and we can make our own. with a donor car/title...thats it. PERIOD! go check prices on nice, used, drivable units.
and Barrett Jackson? they only help us! likewise with Year One, etc, etc.
i drove all these cars when they were new or used. back in the day. i bought a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T (factory) 440, 3.91, Tor-red, black leather and every option from air to power windows. it was a BEAUTY with redlines up front and L60/15 M/T`s on the rear. i paid $1000 cash for it.
that was in 1974. after smoking the 727 several times and blowing up the 375HP (haha, yaa right) 440 i put in a 2barrel 383 and sold it for $900 two years later in 76.
...try buying one today! even a rusted shell!!!
i hope the administrators here allow me the latitude to dramatize my point further...
SHUT-UP!
p.s. i had to say this for all the frustration tire kickers cause me everytime i offer my 71 swinger for sale. if wishes were horses beggars would ride!

Speedy, I have to take dispute with your statement that Barrett Jackson only HELPS us. The only things BJ helps with is driving up not only the prices of our beloved cars, but the parts that comprise them. Muscle car prices fluctuate up and down over the years and always have, and no doubt always will. We're just in a seller's market right now, with cars that originally sold for well under $3,000.00 now bringing a hundred times that much or even more.

My main problem with the televised auctions is that it makes ol' Farmer Joe think that his 1970 four-door Nova with a six cylinder, three speed on the tree, rusted out frame rails and foliage growing through the floorboards that's been decaying out in his field for thirty years worth megabucks because he "seen one jes' like it on dat auction on tv go fer $75,000.00." [Insert him spitting on your shoes here.]

I've had my Cuda for over sixteen years ... I bought it for $250 as a total POS basketcase (but it had no rust), and it's now insured for seventy thousand. It's come a lonnnng way, and I'm beyond proud of the work I've put into it and what it's turned into. I have no intentions of selling it. They'll pry the keys from my cold dead fingers. But with today's prices (i.e., cars wayyyy worse than mine ever was with an asking price equivalent to what they sold for brand new), I'm not too inclined to start over with another project right now. Until another $250 jewel falls in my lap that is. Whether that'll ever happen again is anyone's guess but, from what I've experienced during my lifetime, the seller's market will fall, prices will get more reasonable, and this fabulous hobby we're all into will be fun -- and affordable -- once again. :prayer:

Okay ... going back to my corner now and handing the soapbox back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back