70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
I just want my car to hurry up and finish itself

You could be like me and 2-3 years ago I built a 1.69 low gear ATI powerglide for my heads up car. Put it in and hooked up the driveshaft and converter. Now since it’s sitting I can’t remember if I put the bushing in my aftermarket 10 clutch drum. Everything is coming apart.

You could be like me and 2-3 years ago I built a 1.69 low gear ATI powerglide for my heads up car. Put it in and hooked up the driveshaft and converter. Now since it’s sitting I can’t remember if I put the bushing in my aftermarket 10 clutch drum. Everything is coming apart.
Oh that sucks big time & Yeah, I probably should keep up on my notes and pictures

That kind of crap happens every day around here. Tomorrow I need to find a new set of big block main bearings that I know are here. That will probably shoot half a day.

When I start putting my engine back together I may take some video of me looking for all the parts that I know are here that I’ve squirreled away. That will take several days I’m sure.

When I die my kids will scrap all the bearings that I bought for big block and small block Mopars over the years. They are both out of state and wouldn’t have room to store my crap.

That kind of crap happens every day around here. Tomorrow I need to find a new set of big block main bearings that I know are here. That will probably shoot half a day.

When I start putting my engine back together I may take some video of me looking for all the parts that I know are here that I’ve squirreled away. That will take several days I’m sure.
Lol, my garage is or was so messed up I took 45 minutes looking for the cap to my lacquer thinner can. I found it but I wasn't happy about my **** memory.
Big block main bearings. If you can't find them use my 1st set of chamfered bearings. If you can find those

Lol, my garage is or was so messed up I took 45 minutes looking for the cap to my lacquer thinner can. I found it but I wasn't happy about my **** memory.
Big block main bearings. If you can't find them use my 1st set of chamfered bearings. If you can find those

This pig of a crank is now .010 under so those won’t work.

This engine has been a giant pain in my ***. It wasn’t a good build to start with. I’ll be glad to get this pig off the dyno and out of my world. That should happen next weekend.

This pig of a crank is now .010 under so those won’t work.

This engine has been a giant pain in my ***. It wasn’t a good build to start with. I’ll be glad to get this pig off the dyno and out of my world. That should happen next weekend.
Don't forget the 10th is the Mopar show & shine + fast Mopars

When I die my kids will scrap all the bearings that I bought for big block and small block Mopars over the years. They are both out of state and wouldn’t have room to store my crap.
I'm not willing to think about that John.

Well it turned out to be a fairly successful day, the car is moved, sitting high and level.
the garage is getting a lot more organized.
I learned a valuable painless lesson, I love those... better than drilling through a nerve in my finger last in April

A small repair on my valve cover, I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to weld this cast as it's old and really used but it was very clean and that proved to save it's life. The evacuation breather was loose on this side so I still have to machine it to fit tight but now there's some aluminum to work with.

IMG_20230605_184307898.jpg

IMG_20230605_190530339.jpg
next on to the trickflow intake, I'll weld up the top of the runners by the carb flange. Since I got beat by a hole in a heavily ported m1 intake. I don't like getting beat by a chunk of cast especially in front of rat bastid....how embarrassing.

A small repair on my valve cover, I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to weld this cast as it's old and really used but it was very clean and that proved to save it's life. The evacuation breather was loose on this side so I still have to machine it to fit tight but now there's some aluminum to work with.

View attachment 1716098819

View attachment 1716098820next on to the trickflow intake, I'll weld up the top of the runners by the carb flange. Since I got beat by a hole in a heavily ported m1 intake. I don't like getting beat by a chunk of cast especially in front of rat bastid....how embarrassing.

Not embarrassing, just dirty.

BTW, we need to be looking into a breather that screws onto an AN fitting. Then we can weld the AN fitting into the valve covers and then we have a 100% seal.

I know I’ve seen them, but I can’t find them.

Not embarrassing, just dirty.

BTW, we need to be looking into a breather that screws onto an AN fitting. Then we can weld the AN fitting into the valve covers and then we have a 100% seal.

I know I’ve seen them, but I can’t find them.
If this doesn't work then I'll weld a plate over the hole, drill it and weld an AN fitting. Did you say one of my check valves in my evac went tits up ?

I started welding up around the flange and blend into the runner, if anyone doesn't know about gtaw ( gas tungsten arc welding) or Tig (tungsten-inert gas) it's not the easiest type of welding, depending on materials being used it is more difficult or easier. Cast aluminum is among the more difficult. I've only successfully welded cast aluminum 4 times, I'll count this as 4 .
If I can figure out how to NOT dip the tungsten every freaking other minute while welding these angles I will really enjoy this.
I need to make a 5 axis manifold holder that I can rotate and flip and keep it suspended so I can rest my elbow on my bench.
I hope to have this welded and ported by the end of the week
IMG_20230606_175214042.jpg

And yes, it does look like **** right now lol

Last edited:
I started welding up around the flange and blend into the runner, if anyone doesn't know about gtaw ( gas tungsten arc welding) or Tig (tungsten-inert gas) it's not the easiest type of welding, depending on materials being used it is more difficult or easier. Cast aluminum is among the more difficult. I've only successfully welded cast aluminum 4 times, I'll count this as 4 .
If I can figure out how to NOT dip the tungsten every freaking other minute while welding these angles I will really enjoy this.
I need to make a 5 axis manifold holder that I can rotate and flip and keep it suspended so I can rest my elbow on my bench.
I hope to have this welded and ported by the end of the week
View attachment 1716099290
Real hot rod ****! I’m here for it.

-
Back