70 dart 470 ci drag car build.

-
Oh and I went ahead and bought some strange front brakes, I might buy the rears sometime this winter.

I welded up a M1 intake like that. It was a great learning experience, but I'd never do it again.

I welded up a M1 intake like that. It was a great learning experience, but I'd never do it again.
I have a trickflow intake I'm thinking of welding up to and making it a 4500 flange. After that I will buy a spool gun for welding cast aluminum.

I received all my tuning parts for my carbs this week, I will finish up the intake this weekend.
Tim is going out of town for the week so I'll get my engine on the Dyno next Sunday and get it ready to make noise (hopefully some power)
I finished up port matching the plenum to the runners and decided and decided to experiment with my burr finish and tried another way with a much sharper burr with 2 bends in the shaft & it turned out much rougher. As soon as I get the outside shaped better I'll just take it to work and glass peen it. Then I will give it a mock magnesium finish to match my valve covers which are gross looking lol.

IMG_20230902_113150438_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230902_113116888_HDR.jpg

Okay, I'm calling this tunnel ram a finished product.
I pulled it apart so I could finish grinding it into shape. I did have to put a couple more welds where it was thin and ground those down, then cleaned it really well and reassembled it with red loctite and did 1 more gasket port match with burr just to make it perfect inside. It is pretty ugly outside but I don't care too much. Like mom said, "it what's on the inside that counts" lol

IMG_20230903_141419683_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230903_133929914_HDR.jpg

I pulled it apart so I could finish grinding it into shape. I did have to put a couple more welds where it was thin and ground those down, then cleaned it really well and reassembled it with red loctite and did 1 more gasket port match with burr just to make it perfect inside. It is pretty ugly outside but I don't care too much. Like mom said, "it what's on the inside that counts" lol

View attachment 1716136929

View attachment 1716136930
It’s incredible what you did with that manifold. Good job man.

It’s incredible what you did with that manifold. Good job man.
Thanks dude, I definitely learned a lot, I dialed in my tig welding on cast aluminum for sure.
I also, achieved patience that I never had before lol.

View attachment 1716136929

View attachment 1716136930
Now the test comes when you bolt it down. :thumbsup:

How long do you think it's going to take for Tim to get that work of art polished up.
He needs a break from sanding and wire wheeling. lol:D

Now the test comes when you bolt it down. :thumbsup:
Yeah, im really hoping I got my fuel distribution correct and didn't do anything which will screw something up, this is my 1st major porting adventure on a tunnel ram

Car is pretty much going on hold again.
I was at work and got a call from my sister in law telling me 1 of my dogs got ran over by a orchard worker and he didn't stop so I'm stuck paying whatever it's going to cost. My wife somehow let the dogs get away from her . So fuckin A, always something.
And I don't have money for any extra bullshit

I was at work and got a call from my sister in law telling me 1 of my dogs got ran over by a orchard worker and he didn't stop so I'm stuck paying whatever it's going to cost. My wife somehow let the dogs get away from her . So fuckin A, always something.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I hope all goes well

Man that sucks, I sure hope your pup is going to be ok, sorry to hear about this.

Thank you guys.
The dog is going to a city nearby to have heat leg amputated. I can't even express my level of upset pissed-offness.
$4000 for a 3 legged dog

Thank you guys.
The dog is going to a city nearby to have heat leg amputated. I can't even express my level of upset pissed-offness.
$4000 for a 3 legged dog
The money sucks, but ain’t nothing wrong with a 3 legged dog. I’ve known a few in my lifetime and they don’t let it phase them. Sending prayers for the amputation to go well.

The money sucks, but ain’t nothing wrong with a 3 legged dog. I’ve known a few in my lifetime and they don’t let it phase them. Sending prayers for the amputation to go well.
Thank you, on the bright side I get to fab something to make her life easier.
She's a good dog, and a lot like my wife in one way....she doesn't f'n listen AT ALL

Thank you guys.
$4000 for a 3 legged dog
I hope to hear of a one legged man roaming the orchards with a 3 legged dog on his ***.
I'm glad you still have a member of your team, though slightly handicapped he/she is still with us.:thumbsup:

I hope to hear of a one legged man roaming the orchards with a 3 legged dog on his ***.
I'm glad you still have a member of your team, though slightly handicapped he/she is still with us.:thumbsup:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that too. I guess I'll have to get a muzzle for my other pup so she can't bite her on her bandaged stump.

You might be surprised how the other dog nurtures the wounded pup.
She's probably going to be very protective.

You might be surprised how the other dog nurtures the wounded pup.
She's probably going to be very protective.
They're litter mates and pretty violent to each other lol, we are advised to keep them separated for 10 days. But the good news is usually after this procedure the dog is probably going to be wagging her tail and ready to rock in the morning.

-
Back