70 Dart barn find

-
Freakin Sweet Man !
Mucho Better shape than my 70 Duster for a starter project !
Looks like yours could be on the road in a month ?
I Hate Ya Already !

Haaahaaa traces of hay, and "on" the car. No signs of a rabbit family living in the duct work huh. :D:D Are you driving it yet? :D

Haaahaaa traces of hay, and "on" the car. No signs of a rabbit family living in the duct work huh. :D:D Are you driving it yet? :D

No Not drivin it yet I am doing some work to it now . got all the front wire harness out so I can clean and paint engine bay ... seeing how I have NO fender tag I am going to paint the car B5 blue

Well I was out in the Shop poking around the rear wheel wells on the 70 dart and it looks like I hit a swiss cheese section so now looks like I have to get quarters... :( well I guess it,s better to find this out now than later So My big wish for Xmas is a pair of rear quarters. other than that everything else looks great

Nice find BarryCuda, looks like you got most of what you need, do you know yet what condition the 340 is in yet?

The 340 looks to be good ... there is no ridge on cylinder walls, pistons look fairly new. I will look at bottom end and see if there is any problems . came with J heads don,t know what cam is in it so I will be haulin it out to see what it is . hopefully I get away with rings and bearings and we are off ..... fingers crossed

well I started the ugly stuff first the wheel lip didn,t look great
008_zps26941ab9.jpg

So I cut the quarter off and found more Not good stuff
054_zps8c174848.jpg

Fit a new trunk extension and as you can see the outer wheel tub has to be replaced, I cut it off do to rust all along wheel well opening ( I have one ordered ) I placed the new quarter skin from AMD on to see how body lines and fit would be and it seems to look dam good
057_zps9acda0cf.jpg

WOW, looks good, your jumping rite in with both feet!!!!! Looking great....keep us posted.........I need a ton of ambition to get back on my project!

I have a brand new in box carpet set (black) for your car that I will make a deal on, also a new black bumblebee stripe. PM me if interested. I have some other new 70 stuff also.

wow, love those 70 340 swingers. good job on the repairs doesnt look that bad. hows pass side 1/4?

-
Back