70 Dart S6 to 383BB conversion - Need wiring harness

-

rebuilder67

Reaction score
Hey guys. Need some help. Looking for a low budget solution for a converted wiring harness from the firewall out to engine. Years ago I thought there were a few venders out there that made new harnesses complete. I can't find any of those guys anymore. Anyone know of a vender? Much appreciated, and thanks!

Cut, splice, solder together, heat shrink, repeat....

Hey guys. Need some help. Looking for a low budget solution for a converted wiring harness from the firewall out to engine. Years ago I thought there were a few venders out there that made new harnesses complete. I can't find any of those guys anymore. Anyone know of a vender? Much appreciated, and thanks!

New harnesses are easy to find and fairly inexpensive. Usually around $120 from the usual vendors.

Is your present harness ruined? The slant and big block harnesses are almost identical.

If you go new stay away from evans. Myself and quite a few others had issues with bad crimps all over their harness.

Call yearone and buy theirs made by M&H. Best out there.

If the original isn't ruined I'd use that. Alt wires could maybe use shortening and dist wires maybe lengthened but that's all.

You don't have to cut a thing!
When I swapped in my low deck 400, I did cut and shorten a few wires just to keep it cleaner rather than having extra wire folded up. I don’t remember everything I did. Perhaps there was a wire or two that I lengthened? I don’t remember. But the jist of my post was “Use what ya got” because I did do it so I know I can be done. Be it cut and lengthen or shorten, all the wires are there.

If you go new stay away from evans. Myself and quite a few others had issues with bad crimps all over their harness.

Call yearone and buy theirs made by M&H. Best out there.

If the original isn't ruined I'd use that. Alt wires could maybe use shortening and dist wires maybe lengthened but that's all.

Thanks abodyjoe. Appreciate that advise.

When I swapped in my low deck 400, I did cut and shorten a few wires just to keep it cleaner rather than having extra wire folded up. I don’t remember everything I did. Perhaps there was a wire or two that I lengthened? I don’t remember. But the jist of my post was “Use what ya got” because I did do it so I know I can be done. Be it cut and lengthen or shorten, all the wires are there.

Sounds good rumblefish360. Seems everyone has me convinced to use what I have. Mine is in pretty good shape for 50 years old. Thanks!

I can't imagine which wires would get lengthened, but I could see the point of maybe shortening some....although I'm real particular about cutting original harnesses, so I'd probably roll excess into a small coil and tie it together. lol I just hate cutting a harness unless I absolutely have to.

I can't imagine which wires would get lengthened, but I could see the point of maybe shortening some....although I'm real particular about cutting original harnesses, so I'd probably roll excess into a small coil and tie it together. lol I just hate cutting a harness unless I absolutely have to.

Good points Rusty. I'll exercise some of that thought! Thanks!

dist wires need to be longer

-
Back