[SOLD] 70 dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain the lack of holes for the "swinger" emblems on the 1/4 panels? That's 70 only. Also this car has the emblems on the fender, that's 71 up. If its really a 70, that side trim is mounted with studs, 71 up is double sided tape. Everything points to the TITLE and FENDER tag from a 70, but so far no confirmation of those numbers on THIS body

Not entirely true! Both of my ‘71’s have side trim mounted with studs on the body, not tape.

maybe 1 out of a million just loved the 71' trim so much they just had to put it on their 70'. stranger things have happened.

another way to check is the 4 vent tubes on the side of the fuel tank and the vertical vent tube in the trunk or a hole in the trunk extension for a vent tube to mount to. all the pictures are so close up its not easy to tell anything really.

the trunk gutter looks like there is some rot there so a VIN may be illegible there.

Doesn’t appear to have the vent tower in the picture of the trunk. Also, not all ‘71’s got that emissions control deal

Last edited:
maybe a picture of a side view of the backside of the gas cap to see if its a 71 gas cap.

Wouldn’t have the cap without the tower, it was an emissions control thing. And not all ‘71’s had them anyway

Notice how the front of the lower quarter panel flares out before rear tire... only 71's did this

And not all ‘71’s had them anyway
Wouldn’t have the cap without the tower, it was an emissions control thing. And not all ‘71’s had them anyway

respectfully, I don't think that is correct. The mixed year was 70 with CA emissions cars with the 4 tube tank, tower etc, and the rest of them with just a vent at the top of the fill tube. I think they all had the 70 style CA emissions set up in 1971.

Assuming the car can be confirmed to have the same VIN as the title - what a great body to start a project with!!! the floors look excellent and and the top doesn't even look rotted under the vinyl.

By the way, side trim attachment - 70 Darts have holes in the fenders, quarters and doors for white translucent clips with little pegs pushed through them to hold the side trim, where 71s had posts welded in place with plastic clips that slid over them. pop off a piece and we'll kmow

Don't get too involved guys. You might want to start a discussion thread. Lots of good information but this sale thread is out of control.

heres a breakdown of the fender tag. the only thing weird to me is the V5X black side stripe. i didnt know that was an option on a 70 dart

LL23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Low
2 Door Hardtop

G0R: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Windsor, ONT, CAN

27156: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
FT6: Dark Tan Metallic (Dodge), Burnt Tan Metallic (Plymouth), Deep Bronze Metallic (Chrysler & Imperial) Exterior Color
D2T5: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bench Seat, Tan
FT6: Dark Tan Metallic (Dodge), Burnt Tan Metallic (Plymouth), Deep Bronze Metallic (Chrysler & Imperial) Int. Door Frames
428: Build Date: April 28
04005: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
F11: 46 Amp Alternator (std with AC)
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
M21: Roof drip rail moldings

M26: Wheel Lip Moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black

respectfully, I don't think that is correct. The mixed year was 70 with CA emissions cars with the 4 tube tank, tower etc, and the rest of them with just a vent at the top of the fill tube. I think they all had the 70 style CA emissions set up in 1971.

Yep, Federal requirement for all 71 model year cars.
What tail lights does it have?

It is sold !!!!
Mark the ad "Sold" please

1670104998584.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back