'70 Duster 440

-
My 10 year old son and I did the 'ol "install the engine/trans from the bottom" trick today. Pretty slick way to do it without beatin' things up.

Engine Install 01.jpg

Engine Install 05.jpg

Engine Install 06.jpg

Yeah, that's looking pretty good. You definately have "above average" skills. More Pics! Keep posting them here :thumbup:

I've posted pics of latest progress including a swap from stock UCA's and knuckles to RMS control arms and Fatman drop spindles - for the "just right" stance...

www.70Duster440.com

Fatman08.jpg

The rear suspension with B-Body housing, Espo springs, and Green bearings is in. Ready to measure for custom wheels and tires....

Pics and the gory details can be seen at the usual place.

Rear11.jpg

Well, after some cutting and hacking and fitting the Rocky Mountain dash so it works, I got the dash frame and all the pieces primed today.

Next, I'll squirt some color and fill all the holes with gauges.

PrimedDashStuff.jpg

1BadDodge71 said:
I have a question,what kind of epoxy are you using?Nice work,i cant wait to dive in to my 72 like that.

U-tech E360 (Akzo Nobel). All the brands are ridiculously overpriced for the stuff.

oh ok,the same people that make Sikkens.Yeah,pretty pricey stuff.We were using Sikkens at my work,but they switched to Glasurit.

This is a grade A mopar in the making.
You should have been my neighbor.
Great work and a great dad to boot.
Don't get no better than that :thumbup:

that's some quality work. excellent job. please keep the pictures coming, you're giving me ideas! :)

EXCELLENT WORK!!!!! Thanks for the shots of the 1/4 panel & corner replacement. I have similar work (other side - same exact spot) to do on my '72 and was wondering what I would be looking at. If a person just reads your words, you make it seem simple, but you display some very advanced skills and thought processes, my compliments to you. Great job with the pictures, keep up the good work and the blog.
Daryl

Okay kids, here she is near the end of the mock-up stage. Next is primer/sufacer and lots of blocking. Then color.

The wheels are 16x8 (4.5" bs) V45's from Vintage Wheel Works.

LF Front 01.jpg

LF Front WS 02.jpg

LF Rear WS 01.jpg

Mock CUWheel 01.jpg

Mock Engine 01.jpg

That car is going to turn heads where ever you take it when its done. That is really coming along nicely.

Wow, what a stance! What size tires do you have on there, I can't hardly make it out in the pic?
Bob

gerty said:
Wow, what a stance! What size tires do you have on there, I can't hardly make it out in the pic?
Bob

Nothing radical. I would like to have gone with a 275 in the rear but I couldn't find one for a 16" wheel. You can for 15" and 17".

Anyway, they're 225/50-16 front, and 255/50-16 in the rear.

EP87 said:
I agree the stance looks great- have you picked a color yet?

Hey Richard! I'm going with the original street hemi orange with a blackout hood and side stripe. I guess it'll look similar to your avatar!

70Duster440 said:
Hey Richard! I'm going with the original street hemi orange with a blackout hood and side stripe. I guess it'll look similar to your avatar!

Cool Thats a good choice. The avatars my son's car, its really a classic muscle car paint job. When and if LOL. I ever get mine to that point were talking about doing the same thing but using the sassy grass green and black. It might be kinda cool when we show up to shows together, or just go cruising.
Richard

Got the AutoMeter Sport Comp II gauges installed recently in my Rocky Mountain Dash.

NewCluster01.jpg

NewCluster02.jpg

NewClusterWiring01.jpg

They look really good! I might do that to my Scamp when i get that far.

I haven't posted much progress in awhile because I've just been block sanding and stuff in my spare time. I have re-designed the look of my site and added some reference video clips. Let me know what you think.

www.70duster440.com

-
Back