70 duster getting some boost..

-
i dont have much welding skills.. these are my first manifold ive ever made and they are just tig tacked togather as of now.. ill probably have them finish welded by a good friend that can weld real nicley

If you have a tig Welder and have tig welded you much more experience then most. I can't weld at all, but I want to learn to MIG weld at least.

got the care epoxy primed the other day... the entire inside and underneath have been por 15'd... 9 inch is all narrowed, ready to start the rear suspension setup and the roll cage in the next little bit.. will post pictures as i go.

got the care epoxy primed the other day... the entire inside and underneath have been por 15'd... 9 inch is all narrowed, ready to start the rear suspension setup and the roll cage in the next little bit.. will post pictures as i go.

Dang man your gunna pass me up at your pace! Nice work!

Haha... what are you doing online.. you were suposed to be quitting for a while.. couldnt stay away huh? Lol

man am i glad i found this build, car is coming out really nice. i just aquired a a 360'' r3 block 60mm cam journals and bryant nascar crank with brand new cnc ported w8 bare heads and i want to turbo this thing. either in my 72 duster or maybe a 68 or 69 cuda. im following this thread for sure and keep up the good work. MARK

turbo both of them.... :)... that sounds like a nice little motor.. I wish that I had a set of w8 heads.. but the nascar cranks sure are nice... my billet winberg crank is a real nice piece.. ill have to get some pictures of the short block stuff I have so far.. got to put the billet main caps on my block and do the oiling mods to it for a solid roller.. the bore is still undecided, probably go with 4.04.. make it a 333 inch....

I traded my snap on musclecar toolbox for the engine. its missing the cam and the pistons. and the heads are bare. the Guy came all the way from Texas to long island! to make the trade. the block is all done and the bore is 4.155 and the crank is 3.30 stroke with Chevy rod journals and Ford 302 mains. it was. custom made for Joey arrington. it has jesel 937 keyway lifters . my friend just got me a 60mm cam core for 250.00 and when I get the heads flowed I'll get a cam ground for it to take full advantage of the Turbo.I was thinking 8.1 comp would be perfect. what comp are you running and how much boost you going to push? also I'll be running the blow thru Carb to.

that sounds like a sweet setup.. im in the process of oredering my cam from bullet and my pistons from diamond.. i plan on running 11.5.1 compression.. should be perfect for my setup, especially since it is on e85..

Come on Ryan, your lack of pictures is killing me......

ok here are a few pictures..

fuel cell frame..
2012-09-28_06-35-03_756.jpg

tubs/trunk pan
1350004739540.jpg

1352866849985.jpg

1352866879992.jpg

about where i want it to sit..
1350005884058.jpg

1349443404977.jpg

all epoxied ready for cage and then body shop
1353542275584.jpg

baby kitten likes boost
1348885685204.jpg

Kitten best be careful, don't want to get sucked in....

that sounds like a sweet setup.. im in the process of oredering my cam from bullet and my pistons from diamond.. i plan on running 11.5.1 compression.. should be perfect for my setup, especially since it is on e85..

11.5:1, e85? How much boost? Intercooler? Have you chose your cam yet? Meth injection also? Compression seems high even with e85.

This ride is going to be fun.

Ment to say 10.5.1 sorry.. boost will depend on what kind of power it makes.. no intercooler and no meth.. people say there intake is cold to the touch with e85... cam is being spec'd right now.. solid roller

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520082

pretty impressive 11.5.1 setup

im just going to do flat top pistons.. with a .040 gasket it makes is 10.2.1.. so if wanted i can raise/lower with a different gasket.. the reason for the compression is my weeny little 331 inch motor will need some bottom end and some ummffff to get going.. its gonna be a pretty high winder with that little 3.25 stroke..

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520082

pretty impressive 11.5.1 setup

im just going to do flat top pistons.. with a .040 gasket it makes is 10.2.1.. so if wanted i can raise/lower with a different gasket.. the reason for the compression is my weeny little 331 inch motor will need some bottom end and some ummffff to get going.. its gonna be a pretty high winder with that little 3.25 stroke..

Yes that guy is making some power. He does have one of the biggest Air/water Intercoolers you can get mounted in the drivers compartment. The A2W is huge. He also has EFI. It is all in the tune that is for dang sure!

I do know that Ryan @ Shady Dell made some serious power on Race Fuel, C-16, and no intercooler. He did however use meth injection also. Thought his compression was 11.5:1 too. Maybe even higher.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CD2zpa5IjY"]417" Mopar Turbo Dyno Pull 1214 HP - YouTube[/ame]

i was thinking about going with a a2w but its going to be a street car that gets driven alot and i dont want to have to deal with draining it and re filling it all the time.. if it was a strict race car then i wouldnt mind it..

if i run into problems then i will do meth.. but im pretty possitive that the e85 will be just fine.. im not going for max numbers either.. well yet any way.. :)

i was thinking about going with a a2w but its going to be a street car that gets driven alot and i dont want to have to deal with draining it and re filling it all the time.. if it was a strict race car then i wouldnt mind it..

if i run into problems then i will do meth.. but im pretty possitive that the e85 will be just fine.. im not going for max numbers either.. well yet any way.. :)

I don't doubt that you will have a power monster one bit. Doing research on what other guys have done and have gotten away with has blown my mind to say the least. Almost everything we have been taught about building power the "Old School" way is thrown out the window. If we were talking these combinations 20 years ago people would have thought we were absolutely out of our minds!! Even some of the serious engine builders can not understand or comprehend what can be done or how much power can be produced with NON Exotic parts and still live when Boost is added into the equation :D

Junk yard motors with 100K miles on them making 800-1000HP++ HP to the tires and being totally abused with Boost and NOS "Both" and they live for years. Situation is crazy, crazy, crazy............, I dig it.

-
Back