70 duster race car just arrived

-

pete9857

Reaction score
I wanted to let everyone know the Ed Quay Duster I bought from Jason and the other parts are better than described. I had USHIP haul it from Jersey to Cincy with no issues. In this world of cons and thieves, its nice to do business with an honest person. Do not hesitate to buy anthing from him. The car is a time capsule.

Thanks Jason

Glenn

I noticed that car when it was first advertsied and it looks like it could be an old Super Stocker. But now that I looked again and saw the 1983 Sportsman Cup decal (NHRA) on the back 1/4, I'm sure it was, or perhaps a Super Modified car. It would be interesting to see if you could trace the history, previous owners and possibly find some old pics of it.

If it was a 71...duster...I would speculate it is the old Steve Winter/ Terry Esslinger SS/IA 340 Duster from the west coast that was sold to Mike Loge and Steve Hahn

The car was sold in 1984 to some one in the midwest and not seen since..

The paint scheme is some what the same..

Glenn you are welcome and good luck with it! The same goes for you! You are a man of your word and it was really nice selling it to you. I am glad you are happy with everything! This is the way deals should be .

The transporter was good guy also!

The add is on the classified page no. 2. Sold by dwire6,
Already trying to trace origin. It is a really neat car

Here are a couple of comments I got via email & PM about the car:

* "Might be a dead end but I recognize the fender decal as being Ceralli Competiion (engine builder). Bill Ceralli is located in Paterson, New Jersey."

* Hello, I am not a member on class racer forum, but that old Super Stock Duster I believe is old friend John Lobosco's from North Jersey. That car was built the same time I did my '71 Cuda Super Stocker..He raced a Island Dragway for many years..
Door's foward were acid dipped, Body was original done by Autoweld in Paterson N.J. which I believe is long gone years back..."

Keep us posted.

I liked that car. It is a lot further than the old Demon drag car I bought and have had to do way too much work on to get close to being ready to put together.

Are you going to street it or make a race car?

going to do both. my plans are a 426 4-speed. the car is really put together right. I can't wait to dump the clutch and let her fly like the old days when I bracket raced mine.
Myron, thanks for the input. I talked to John and his was a 71 Duster

-
Back