'70 Duster Revival: Drag Racing Heart | Pro Touring Soul

-
I was hoping to see pictures of the exhaust. The RMS web page says exhaust pipes won't fit over the axle due to the upper link location on the 4-link. But you have tail pipes out the back. How'd you do that?

Btw... Fantastic looking car!

I was hoping to see pictures of the exhaust. The RMS web page says exhaust pipes won't fit over the axle due to the upper link location on the 4-link. But you have tail pipes out the back. How'd you do that?

Btw... Fantastic looking car!

Hey Superod - sorry, I don't really have any good pictures of the exhaust at this point in time. She's all packed away for the long Minnesota winter. I'll be sure to get some pictures on the hoist when it warms up again. We routed the exhaust underneath the axel and then back up by the bumper. (I chose against turn downs before the axel because I didn't want to be "that guy" kicking up dust and rocks at shows that were on gravel.)

It really would be a tight fit to get the pipes to route over the axel due to the spacing of the top links but I wouldn't say it "can't" be done. My Dana 60 has the thicker axel tubes so I lose a little room but I believe it could be done using an 8 3/4 and some clever engineering. Give Bill at RMS a call. He was a big help when I had questions and he can let you know what others have done to route exhaust on their cars.

Daily Hours Are 9am - 5pm Eastern Time.
Phone - 570-443-7440

Awesome car and well laid out thread wish mine was that way......

This car looks unearthly familiar did you by chance have the car at the Columbus Ohio Mopar Nationals in 2012? I think you were parked next to my Dart (Blue prostreet Dart slot mag wheels big side pipes big block car)

Awesome car and well laid out thread wish mine was that way......

This car looks unearthly familiar did you by chance have the car at the Columbus Ohio Mopar Nationals in 2012? I think you were parked next to my Dart (Blue prostreet Dart slot mag wheels big side pipes big block car)

I really appreciate that 67 prostreet gt. I wish I would have had this car done 3 years earlier but nope, at that point in time she was still on the rotisserie and I was still making engine noises with my mouth.

It's always been a dream of mine to get down to Columbus for the Mopar Nats. Hopefully someday soon! Love your car by the way.

Quick work by Marv allowed us to have the exhaust completed on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks to a late night alignment at a buddy’s shop on Thursday, we were finally road worthy! (Just 1 day before the wedding)

That night was the first time I was really able to get a feel for the car on some back country roads. It was every bit of wonderful! The sound, the smell, the throttle response – my face hurt from smiling so much. (A feeling I’d get to enjoy again Saturday) As with most new builds, there is always some tweaking to do but the car ran great.

Finally, May 30th, 2015 had arrived. It was wedding day and we had met our deadline! An early morning quick detail made sure the Duster was ready for her public debut. (We had some time to spare while the bridesmaids did hair and makeup)

The first picture is Chuck and I arriving at the church. It was an absolutely gorgeous day (65 degrees and sunny.) We did the wedding photography and then at 3PM it was time for the ceremony.

Utterly stunning doesn’t even begin to describe how beautiful my wife looked that day. Seeing her walk down that isle in that flowing white dress with that beaming, bright smile and those striking brown eyes is an image I will always cherish.

We said our “I do’s” and then ran out to the car. Everyone poured out of the church to watch us drive away. In all the excitement I ran to the driver’s side completely forgetting to open the door for my new bride. (The crowd provided some pretty good heckling as I ran back to the other side.) Fingers crossed it would turn over – our guests also held their breath hoping it would start. With a turn of the key and a loud roar out the back we were home free! The crowd clapped as we slowly drove away from the entrance and into the main area of the parking lot. Then we slowed...

With a pump of the brake and punch of the throttle we were able to leave a nice new set of stripes for the church. (A friend of the family counted 300+ feet!)

This was by far the best day of my life and there are so many people to thank for making it all possible. Most notably my wife, for saying yes and for encouraging me to see this project through. Our happy ever after truly began as we left in a cloud of a smoke.

View attachment Wedding (1).jpg

View attachment Wedding (2).jpg

View attachment Wedding (3).jpg

View attachment Wedding (4).jpg

View attachment Wedding (5).jpg

View attachment Wedding (6).jpg

View attachment Wedding (7).jpg

View attachment Wedding 8.jpg

View attachment Wedding 9.jpg

View attachment Wedding 10.jpg

A Beautiful Bride, and a Beautiful car. You lucky Bastard.

Ha - thanks limegreen70. I certainly feel lucky to have tied the knot such a wonderful woman. The car was a matter of having the right best friend with the know how to do things the right way.

I don't deserve either but thank God everyday for both.

Thank you sn1230 - I wasn't sure if the images were still visible on the new forum. For me all I see is the gray boxes that ask me to download the image if I want view. Appreciate your comment :)

thats how they show up on mine too i just clicked on them and they poped up...haha

-
Back