70 Sublime Dart Swinger 340 H code

-

70Sublimedart340

Reaction score
Looked 3 years to find this car from my youth memories, is getting the hood back to flat black as build sheet shows V21 blackout option. 340 4 speed

5506.jpeg

FB_IMG_1479335549525.jpg

Welcome, love the swinger. Is it the one you had back in the day or just like it?

Welcome, love the swinger. Is it the one you had back in the day or just like it?
My older cousin got out of the Navy in 1970 and bought a new Swinger 340 just like this one but had the flat black hood. He took me on rides and scared the crap out of me in it. I told him if he ever sold it I wanted first chance on it once I was old enough to get my license (1975). In 1977 I came out of work at Quarto #7 coal mine and saw the car sitting in the parking lot. My cousin didn't work there, he worked at aluminum plant, so I went to his house and asked if he sold the Dart. He said he did. I told him I thought he was going to give me first chance. He said he did, he told my dad he was going to sell it, but dad told him to not sell it to me because I would kill myself in it. Needless to say the kid he sold it to that worked on the other shift at the coal mine only had it for a week or so before he wrapped it around a telephone pole totalling it and ending up in the hospital for a month. Guess dad was probably right that time. Always remembered that Dart so 3 years ago started looking, found this one last October, and bought it as a retirement gift to myself.

Wow Great 70 Swinger 340 and history to. Too bad about the one your cousin once owned. Seemed like a lot of those cars met the same demise back in the day. Welcome to FABO and awesome FJ5 70 Swinger 340 :)

-
Back