70DartMike's road trip across Canada / US

-
.............Glad u got it somewhat fixed..... guyshave fun...what trail r u guys taking thru Saskatchewan......kim.............

If you get to Niagara Falls, you have to get a burger at Grover's Bar & Grill in E. Amherst, NY. Definitely worth going a few miles out of your way for. Fantastic, giant burgers, featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and the place used to be Grover Cleveland's hunting lodge or some such thing, hence the name.

Enjoy your trip and keep the pictures coming.

............Sounds good Mike, you guys will be 2 1/2 hours from us.......Steve aka 4spdragtop may be here then to meet up with u guys.........any time frame?.......kim.......do u still have my phone #s?....

We did the Drumheller dinosaur museum, some cool stuff there. Drove east to Kindersley, and went to dinner with Kim (Oldkimmer) and Steve (4spdragtop) - nice to meet you Steve! We're parked at Kim's house tonight with our heater plugged in, and tomorrow we'll head east through Saskatoon, then Wynyard, then south to Regina, then east again through Grenfeld where part of my family is from.

Again, let me know if you're on the way, or any good spots to stop.

Had the good fortune of meeting up with Kim his wife Pat whom I had met before, but this was my first time meeting Mike and and his better half Carmen. We all went out for supper, had a great time but unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush to get back to hotel as today was my 1st day at work. I was a little wound too and seemed to babble a lot...I'll blame that on the Saskatchewan air...Thanks to Kim for the supper too, he bought, what more could you ask for?? Cheers, have a safe rest of your trip! If you are interested in Lakefield it really is a beautiful little village/town, try googling it.

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• DSCF0728 (Medium).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 220
I think my eyes are shut more than they're open.

We went through Regina today, and drove past the house where Carmen's mom was raised. Then we went to Moose Jaw, and went through "The Tunnels Of Moose Jaw/Little Chicago," where Al Capone hid under the streets of Moose Jaw in tunnels, to bootleg liquor, run brothels, prostitution, etc. Pretty cool walking under the streets in a maze of tunnels.
Now we're in Grenfell, SK, where my grandpa was raised. We'll be heading to Winnipeg tomorrow.

When you get into the Hamilton Ontario Canada area(45 minutes from Niagara falls . If you like NASCAR My buddy has the only NASCAR bar around . look up The Checkered Flag Mt Hope Ontario . Has aprox a thousand different pieces of memorabilia up inside . Looks like a biker bar from outside but the food is excellent

Mike that is very cool to check out the family history! Gives you more respect to see where "you" came from.
I forgot about Capone...Im gonna have to check that out!
Be safe...and DO NOT buy a JETS jersey.....

.........It was great meeting up with Steve and Mike again, then meeting Carmen........the tunnels is really a nice tour.......anyone along there way will have a great time meeting Mike and Carmen.....................kim.......

Had the good fortune of meeting up with Kim his wife Pat whom I had met before, but this was my first time meeting Mike and and his better half Carmen. We all went out for supper, had a great time but unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush to get back to hotel as today was my 1st day at work. I was a little wound too and seemed to babble a lot...I'll blame that on the Saskatchewan air...Thanks to Kim for the supper too, he bought, what more could you ask for?? Cheers, have a safe rest of your trip! If you are interested in Lakefield it really is a beautiful little village/town, try googling it.

Cheers
Steve

Cool, looks like a great time! You will have to tell Mike how it was because his eyes were closed lol :D

After Glenfell we went through Brandon, Manitoba, and then through Winnipeg, which surprisingly reminded me a lot of Victoria BC, the setting at least.
We're now in Dryden, Ontario for the night.

Ended up staying in a Comfort Inn so we could shower, watch some TV, etc. It's a little chilly tonight in Dryden.

Here's some pics from the trip so far..

Vancouver and surrounding areas..

Nice New Yorker in Harrison, BC.

Driving through BC..

Bruce aka scatpacknorth's 69 GT.. hope you don't mind me posting these pics of your sweet Dart Bruce.

Sweet 70 Charger in Golden, BC..

On to Alberta, up to Edmonton to see West Edmonton Mall.

In Drumheller at the Royal Tyrrell Museum - Dinosaurs!

My open eyed version of this picture!

Sorry Kim, couldn't resist.. Poor survivor 360 Duster..

Wow!! I could look at the mountain pictures all morning with my coffee Mike Thank you for sharing these great pictures of your trip :cheers:

I am ready to get off the hill and see the world soon :coffee2:

Attachments

• 009_zpsb225d7dd.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 160
When do you think that you will be in New Brunswick? There are a lot of nice sites to see in NB. Let me know your schedule and we can go from there.

-
Back