70DartMike's road trip across Canada / US

-
I guess I skipped Manitoba for pictures?
Thunder Bay, Ontario. Lake Superior was frozen a ways out.

022_zpsa20ecdbe.jpg

023_zps4016871a.jpg

024_zps24af6b2a.jpg

025_zps482334c1.jpg

026_zpsb92f1fda.jpg

027_zps3737003d.jpg

029_zpsff99f914.jpg

Not sure how popular Winnie The Pooh is below the border, but up here it was a childhood favorite. Apparently he is from White River, Ontario.

030_zps1bf206fe.jpg

More pictures coming later.

O MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Thank you Mike :cheers: I am enjoying seeing places I have never seen 8-) Everything going good ? where are you going to be enjoying a stay over next :glasses7:

Send me a bill Mike, memikie likie this trip you are sharing with us :cheers:

We're spending the night in Fredericton, nice town, but we were surprised that Walmart and the grocery stores all close at 5 PM on a Sunday.. this is New Brunswick's capital!

Anyways, we're heading for Moncton tomorrow, and hopefully be meeting 1968dartman, and then heading for PEI. Anyone there?

More pictures..

Stopped in Wawa, Ontario for a bit..

Heading east through Ontario..

Niagara Falls..

Us two..

Cadillac Motel..

Upside down house..

And Toronto from the CN Tower..

Kingston, Ontario..

Next pictures will be of Ottawa.

Very cool pics Mike!! Was Carmen shaking in the CN tower?? You actually got a pic of my moms condo in there! LOL

We're on our way to PEI today. Spent the night in Moncton after meeting John (1968dartman) and his wife Cheryl. They took us out for dinner at Barn Yard BBQ, a brewery with awesome beer and burgers, and then let us have showers. John also took Carmen and I for a ride in his 1968 Dart 340, very nice car with a 13:1 340!

Thanks again for everything John!

No problem buddy. I hope you enjoy PEI. Let us know if there is anything you need while you are in the maritimes.

We're on our way to PEI today. Spent the night in Moncton after meeting John (1968dartman) and his wife Cheryl. They took us out for dinner at Barn Yard BBQ, a brewery with awesome beer and burgers, and then let us have showers. John also took Carmen and I for a ride in his 1968 Dart 340, very nice car with a 13:1 340!

Thanks again for everything John!

Very cool, lets see the pics!!!

Very nice of you John to take them out :glasses7:

It was my pleasure. Just trying to show them some down east hospitality. Mike took some pictures of them and the old fat guy which I am sure he will post.

Thanks for the picture John, our camera battery died and we lost the charger..

We slept in Charlottetown, PEI last night after wandering around for a while. Today we drove to Antigonish, where we'll spend the night. Tomorrow we'll do the Cabot Trail, and hopefully see a guy on Cape Breton that I worked with.

now i know the face behind the name for Mr. Dartman1968

what a cool thread this is.

Wow Mr. Mike looks tall like statue or something ......so cool to see FABO having fun.

I see a 413 superstock decal on the tool box LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1755.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 155
Great pics!! Awesome hospitality John! If yer going to Newfoundland, ya gotta make sure and kiss the cod!

Here is the pic of my Mom and Stepdads condo circled in red.

Attachments

• mom n johns condo.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 156
now i know the face behind the name for Mr. Dartman1968

what a cool thread this is.

Wow Mr. Mike looks tall like statue or something ......so cool to see FABO having fun.

I see a 413 superstock decal on the tool box LOL

Yes that is me! Good eye seeing the decal Rani

I'm able to keep updating for now, but when we get into Maine, it'll be limited to whenever we find free Wifi using our laptops. We're turning our cell phones off because we want to avoid the $1000 + roaming charges.

So, point being, if anyone is in any state from Maine and north/west to Washington, let me know either on here, or in a PM, and I'll do my best to respond/stop by.

I also have a FABO banner that Mike (2Darts) made, and some very nice FABO stickers to give away!

You have to spell the actual state, haha, I had to search online what Vt stood for.. I'm from Canada, I don't know the states very well..

Anyways, we're going through there. Where abouts are you?

After leaving Antigonish, we drove the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. In our guide book, it states the Cabot Trail to be a must see in Canada, however, we have most of the same scenery where we're from, on Vancouver Island. It was a little over 6 hours of driving, and up very steep inclines in some areas, and even taking a jump in the road at about 60 MPH. The front tires literally got air.. I don't think our van was very happy with us.
We then got into Sydney, Nova Scotia, where we spent the night. Today we're just relaxing, doing laundry, etc. We managed to score some trouble free showers at the public swimming pool.
Tomorrow we'll be taking the 6 - 8 hour ferry ride to Newfoundland.

More pictures! These are continuing on from our stay at Mike's (2Darts) in Ottawa.

Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ontario.

Looking over to Gatineau, Quebec.

We stopped at the Canadian Museum of Civilization, where I noticed this gorgeous old Fargo.

Sorry Mike, I had to take a couple quick shots of your awesome 70 Dart pro street.

Mike's 1968 Dart GTS 340, survivor!

And his GTS 340 ragtop above it..

Us in front of our van, after Mike installed the new graphics on the side. The van looks way better now!

In Quebec heading for Old Quebec City..

Old Quebec.

Notice the cannonball stuck in the sidewalk..

Cool Pics Mike. Hope you both are having fun!
Old Quebec city is a cool place to visit, had some good times there.
Have fun in Newfoundland!

-
Back